Little help?

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Little help?

Post by Derek »

A scrapper friend of mine came across a 1980 Sony Walkman branded road-purposed skinny tire 10-speed. Suntour components, needs tires/tubes, truing, and a buttload of tuning etc. Wanting to make a buck. Any ideas?

neo_pop_71

Re: Little help?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW ! ! !

Absolute piece of sh*t bike... stay away brother! That Sony "Solarspeed" road bike is a nasty chunk of straight up gas "black" pipe that wwas made by Rand Bicycles. They mass produced disgusting promotional junk for everybody back then and none of it is worth spending any money on! Even if the this one cost you nothing, free is still too much. Run away pee30wee and leave that junk to someone else!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

WELL THAT IS FUNNY!!!!

Saturday I stop by my Mom's and the guy next door rebuilds (junk) bikes to sell out front. Well we always talk about bikes and he pulls out that same make of bike to show me what he came across to ask me what I thought of it. Just from the name on it I figured what Neo said about it and check on line to make sure when I got home.
So Don....you don't think the frame would even be worth it as a Junk single speed frame for someone to use as a beater bike if it was done up with cheap CHEAP parts....I know a guy that could use it and thought about doing it for him....Come on,I have seen Big Box store bikes done up that way and this is a luged frame that takes three piece cranks...HOW BAD CAN IT BE as a junk bike.

P.S. My buddy that could use it lost his last beater bike because he leaves his bikes out side so to have a REAL bike would not be worth it to him...I am sure you guys are like me and the only time the bike is outside is when you are riding it...MY bikes are never out of sight and if they can not go inside a place with me I do not go there PERIOD!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Only way it would be worth the doing is spare parts from the bin and the person you're gifting to picks up the tab on the housing/cables and whatever else it needs like tubes and tires. I can't stand it when people leave bikes outside, it encourages thieves! He needs to spend the dough if you're doing the build, that's the only way it'll be worth anything to the guy. Uber cheap is the deal on a bike like that... don't waste any money!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Agree with that...still not sure about doing a build with it due to some rust here and there but it is the right size for him and if he turns it to crap even more than what it is...O WELL!
I need to talk with him because I do not have the cash to do a build but I think it could be made into something he would ride...I like playing around with bike parts so I do not mind doing that part for a old friend,it will come down to what he wants.

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

This is what I am doing, See if anyone bites.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... 27&cat=409

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ha-Ha...
pee30wee messed up big time!!! He linked us straight to his phone number...
:twisted:
crank call @ 1:30am, 2:30am, 3:30am...
Derek, get ready to explain to your sweetheart why those silly Cudaheads keeps callin' all night long!!! I'll take the 1:30am call. Who's in for the 2:30am?
Love 'ya brother!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Hey Derek...Do you have prince Albert in a can......

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I do have a Prince Albert but it ain't in a can but three or four times a day.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

:shock: ......I guess after that reply,all I can say is .....well NOTHING!