Ok, this one should be fun. :)

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Ok, this one should be fun. :)

Post by Derek »

How do y'all feel about the legalization of recreational Mary Jane?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Ok, this one should be fun. :)

Post by vpc66 »

I won't lie...I did the stuff when I was in my teens and with them talking about that I think it would bring in more money from taxes and such just like cigarettes so why not...might help cut some crime from it being legal and it can not cause more trouble than folks that drink and drive...which really would be another way of making money if someone gets pulled over for driving while stone...DWS.
So I say spark it up to those that enjoy...hell I get a kick out of watching drunk and stone folks,it can be funny at times..plus thinking about the dumb things I did as a kid...
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

willywill

Post by willywill »

Free minds and free markets. Nothing is perfect but at least freedom will find the path of least resistance much like water.

I don't think that controling people works. When I first arrived in UT and saw people riding motorcycles on I-15 without helmets I was astounded! But then I got to thinking, well... why should they really be forced to wear helmets if they don't want too? I don't always wear my helmet riding to work and back, I should, and I could crash hard core and regret it the rest of my life, but a helmet law isn't going to make me any more likely to wear one if I dont want to, hell there might even be a helmet law on the greenways now that I think about it. The bottom line is that we all know wearing a helmet is a good decision, but that decision is up to us to make.

The problem in the above example is when jack-asses like me dont wear a helmet, crash, and have to go to the hospital and get MRIs, EKGs etc to make sure their noodle is still somewhat al dente. Fortunately, jack-asses like me work for a living and carry health insurance that cover these costs so other don't have to.

I won't go too far down the path of health insurance because it is really screwing the free market and has been for a long time. The Affordable Health Care Act may (or may not) make things worse but anytime we intervene and subsidize or alter fair market value it screws up the essence of fair value.

So yes, I am all for legalizing marijuana and every other drug too. If we were all free to choose what we wanted to put in our body there would be no need for a seedy and dangerous underground black market and all the money spent killing people could be spent rehabilitating addicts. SOme people just don't know self control and I am one of them when it comes to alcohol (sober 17 months yesterday) but our govt shouldnt (IMO) try to protect us from ourselves. Altruism sounds good on paper and in theory but in reality I don't see it working very well.

And no I don't give a shit who John Galt is.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I disagree with all drugs....POT with no man made additives just makes you mellow or act a little stupid. Man made junk has a bad habit of killing or turning the brain to silly puddy.

willywill

Post by willywill »

vpc66 wrote:I disagree with all drugs....POT with no man made additives just makes you mellow or act a little stupid. Man made junk has a bad habit of killing or turning the brain to silly puddy.

Yet people still kill for it. I'd rather them go get it safely and kill themselves and not someone else in the process. I don't disagree that natural "drugs" are better than synthetic ones. Just look and listen to the next pharmaceutical commerical. I find it hard to believe they can sell these drugs after all the warnings about what they might do.

Announcer: "Are you feeling depressed and suicidal? Then take Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, etc., etc...."

Separate announcer talking much faster and more serious: "Warnings, this product may cause suicidal behavior, Discontinue use if you have thoughts, visions, or feelings of suicide or self harm."

:shock: Did they just say what I think they said? Did anyone else hear that?? :o

Astounding I tell you, meanwhile, back stage, the C-Suite executives are exiting the building to the tune of, "we're in the money, we're in the money!"

If thats legal, might as well make it all legal. Besides, tobacco and alcohol, two well accepted drugs are amongst the most physically and psychologically addictive substances consumed.

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, keep that in mind at all times. Thank you.
- Bill Hicks

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

True, but those that are on meds like that should be under a Doc's supervision .

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Oh, here's a little tangent. The 'law firms' that advertise to get you a 'substanstantial cash settlement' if you or a loved one bla bla bla..... I know more than one of those are firms hired by the pharm company to mitigate the fallout after these companies realized that they f@cked up by producing and releasing some of these pharmaceuticals in the first place.

Oh- and Vin, alcohol and nicotine should be under a doc's supervision.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Oh- and Vin, alcohol and nicotine should be under a doc's supervision.

Man p30w, those a fightin' words... you better watch what you say!!!

Keep your mits off my ability to self-inflict harm, I loves me some Devil Water!!!

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

neo_pop_71 wrote:
pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Oh- and Vin, alcohol and nicotine should be under a doc's supervision.

Man p30w, those a fightin' words... you better watch what you say!!!

Keep your mits off my ability to self-inflict harm, I loves me some Devil Water!!!

Intended facetiously.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Remember I do none of the above myself,BUT for those that have learn from history, prohibition did not and will never work because those that want will find a way legal or not. That is why I figure might as well use it for income and have some restrictions to help keep things in check (some what) because I doubt it will ever go away which I wish cigarettes would.