This one is gonna hurt!

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

This one is gonna hurt!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

When going through my old catalog of bike pics from back in the day, I happened onto this little gem a buddy sent me years ago. Some might call it epic or catastrophic but whatever term you have for this frame failure will certainly do justice! Even though the frame has snapped, the chain is off, the rear tire has left the ground, and the front tire is flat... check the forward focus... eyes on the prize! You just know that one had to hurt!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: This one is gonna hurt!

Post by vpc66 »

My guess is it happen so fast he had no clue what went on till the pain set in while rolling around on the ground
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep, there would be some serious trail rash once you finally came to a resting point!

Anybody else have any retro pics from 'ol mushroom helmet & lycra days?

-or-

Any good pics of carnage would be tasty too!

willywill

Post by willywill »

I have a feeling they are about to crash...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Talk about blind faith...I swear I have seen pictures of tandem down hill...talk about being STUPID!!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ha- My buddy that used to light up on the starting line used to own his own bike shop for a spell (coolest LBS I've ever been in), he and one of his shop team riders entered a number of NORBA downhill tandem races. They always place high and won a few. They were without a doubt the craziest races I've ever enjoyed! My buddy always piloted the monster and his shop rider was the stoker. Larry, the shop rider, said it was a pure adrenaline act of faith as he could only see what was ahead when they weren't pointed straight down. Crazy!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Do you have any pic's from those races to show...it is always fun to see insane people doing their thing...(my way of saying they have a larger sack than me)