$10 Board Track Racer - ratty build

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

$10 Board Track Racer - ratty build

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang-

Well, I need another bike like I need a whole in the head… however, check out what two Mr. Lincolns will buy. I bought the cruiser for the Cycle Designs rear rack and matching C.D. wire front basket, I figured they were well worth the $10.00 asking price. Plus, I’d get the old beat up cruiser for free! The bike was complete and the tubes/tires were still holding air. I always wanted to build a Board Track Racer style cruiser, not a fancy one but more of a rat rod style. Being it’s presents from Santa time, I knew this had to be the cheapest build ever, otherwise I’d be sharing the dog house again!

I wanted to go Rat Fink green and matte black but since the budgie was so tight I went with the Yamaha Yellow because I have 5 cans that my buddy gave me. I knew the stock straight seatpost wasn’t going to work, so I picked up a $5.00 lay back post from the BMX shop. I took some “body shop” cloth to the gloss black frame, don’t freak as it has bad scratches all over, now I have the desired matte finish. The next step was to prep and paint the terribly faded gold anodized bars, a few thin coats of YamaYellow and I’m good to go. I was starting in on the rust bucket rims when the rain hit and chased me inside. I’ll be taking my Dremel and a 120 grit sand wheel to the rims and then the hoops will get a few coats of YamaYellow to match the bars. I’m not bothering with the rusted spokes or the oxidized hubs… c’mon, it’s a rat rod, can’t be too nice! So, I’m $15.00 and a few hours into the build and I’m really diggin’ it, I can’t wait to spray the rims and slap the wide whites back on and take it for a spin! I’ll update later with some finish pics…

neo_pop_71

Re: $10 Board Track Racer - ratty build

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Dang it! I forgot to post my inspiration for the build...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

O MAN....just recent I ran across a springer front end...That would have been cool on the front end!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Cool stuff. I couldn't get past the red and white table cloth tho. :D

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Bet you were thinking how nice the picture would be with lamb chunks on the table! :lol:

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

vpc66 wrote:Bet you were thinking how nice the picture would be with lamb chunks on the table! :lol:

Damned straight.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So Don...what build do you need the basket for,or was that a joke?

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I am digging the chainguard. Diggin' the crap out of it actually.
Ok, I'm putting one on the A2R 69'er.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

You crack me up :lol: Then again with you can never be sure if you are joking around :?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks for all the comments guys!

As far as the rack and basket goes, I wasn't messing around. I have a long time faithful customer that has commissioned at least one bike a year for the last 10 years. The most recent build is a light weight single speed mountain bike. A bike for he and his gal to ride to the weekly Farmers' Market. A rack for the beer and a basket for the produce. I'm building the bike and he is handling the powdercoating, I should have the rough mock up done this weekend. I'll snap a progress pic and post it when the bike is together.

Thanks again!