$10 Board Track Racer - ratty build

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: $10 Board Track Racer - ratty build

Post by Derek »

neo_pop_71 wrote:A rack for the beer and a basket for the produce.

:idea: <Light Bulb Above Head> :idea:

Don't think I could rock the basket but I do take a second look at the rear racks every time I am at an LBS. More than one trip has been made one-handed carrying a 12-pack.

Sheesh, it's been 25 years since I have slung my leg over a single speed anything. ('cept prom night)

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:
neo_pop_71 wrote:A rack for the beer and a basket for the produce.

:idea: <Light Bulb Above Head> :idea:

Don't think I could rock the basket but I do take a second look at the rear racks every time I am at an LBS. More than one trip has been made one-handed carrying a 12-pack.

Sheesh, it's been 25 years since I have slung my leg over a single speed anything. ('cept prom night)

I knew I'd seen your face before... that was you carrying bottles!!!

Hey man, to each his own, but I wouldn't knock on baskets if I were you... PBR!!!

'cept prom night... T.M.I. man, beer is a happy place for me but you steer us down the nasty again! :shock:

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Dude I rode a BMX to prom, what the hell were YOU thinking about. That's kind of a painful memory.

ha

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:Dude I rode a BMX to prom, what the hell were YOU thinking about. That's kind of a painful memory.

ha

Just 'cuz you thought that you'd be cool and have a prom date with a girl who's initials were B.M.X. (Bertha May Xanadoo), don't go cryin' to us years later that she broke your spoke!!!
:lol:
Okay fine, have a PBR, it'll help you forget...

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Dude you know I like curvy girls stop teasing me. I would put her on the handles bars of a fixie.

And look at that bad ass chainguard!!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Man, what a long day of wrenchin' on bikes! The bike my customer brought me earlier this week was disassembled by lunch, then he calls to say he wants to change bikes for the grocery getter. Great :roll: , more work, sure bring it by and we can swap it. The Nishiki Ariel went away and a 1988 Schwinn High Sierra showed up with apologies. The High Sierra was pieced out by dinner (delicious homemade Chicken Noodle soup, salad, and grilled cheese sandwiches), after gettin' my grub on I mounted the rack and basket. I may swap the stem and bars he wants for something more upright with better clearance. It should be a cool bike, it's hard to beat an American made Schwinn with fillet brazing!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:Dude you know I like curvy girls...

Ummmm... okay brother, they're all yours!!!

Remember what I said about mopeds...

:shock:

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Yuck on the Pabst Blue Ribbon..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

mixalive wrote:Yuck on the Pabst Blue Ribbon..

I am going to respectfully disagree. I'ma Natty guy myself, but wouldn't say no to a PBR.... I do like a high point microbrew (we have some BOMB breweries here) once in awhile but I tend to feel it a little more in the morning.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

PBR... it's hard to escape it... between the track bike street races around Los Angeles, cyclocross (and singlecross) races, and the single speed mountain scene, I've come to accept that PBR and bikes are probably always going to be partnered. Personally I go for the micro stuff with much more flavor but the 'ol red, white, and blue of Pabst seems to always be around.