Bang for the Buck

As stated, anything goes.
mixalive

Bang for the Buck

Post by mixalive »

You may not know this, but I am all about Bang for the Buck. Back in the 90's, when all you guys were wearing those $80 Oakley sunglasses for mountain bike riding, my buddy and I were hitting up all the Dollar General stores and buying up all the $1 shades. Break em, chunk em.. But these days I have found Bang for the Buck in 3M tinted Safety Glasses at Home Depot. $10 and almost indestructible. And hell.. They are OSHA approved. Just saying. Bang for the Buck..

Post your Bang for the Buck..
Attachments
3Mglasses.jpg
3Mglasses.jpg (233.83 KiB) Viewed 7365 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Bang for the Buck

Post by vpc66 »

I never wore my real Oakleys while riding...same here with the cheap because in a wreck who cares if cheap shades turn to trash. At one time I would get the oakley knockoffs from the mall but they went away so Boston Bill riding glasses became the go to and now same as you SAFETY glasses have been there for me...in part because we got them free at the Boat company I use to work for...that is gone now so like you I hit up.. Lowes or Home Depot but I have found a place that still sells Boston Bills as shooting glasses ....by the way back before they were ten bucks and even now they have only gone up a few bucks but as with all they do the same duty...why spend big bucks.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Dang... no wonder they call you MIX... you've got your Depot soft on the budgie eyewear sittin' on "scrambled eggs" paisley mashed up next to a Mexican "sur'wrappee" and a dusty ball cap! You're an eclectic one, hombre!

I'll have to look around and see if I have a decent bang for the $$$ to contribute.

Grassy'ass seen'your Mixalive!!!

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. :)

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

You are very observant.. Grasshopper..

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Those same 3M's I pick up at a local GrayBar Electrical supply warehouse for about $4. The big box stores jack up the prices. :) And they include a handy dandy set of nifty earplugs.

I carried an Android phone for a couple of years, with the unlimited plan. I hate the virtual keyboard, and the only app i really ever used was nav. Well I have been back to Salt Lake long enough now that I know my way around again. So I scrapped that and got a dumbphone for $20, and my plan costs $25 a month. It has a real QWERTY keyboard, and and FM radio, which the android didn't.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Yep.. We have a GrayBar locally. I will be heading over there.. Thanks for that tip.. :mrgreen: