How about Tools ?

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

How about Tools ?

Post by vpc66 »

So I have been watching youtube on wheel building which lead me to videos on home made tools for working on the bike...Just thought maybe some of you guys have made some and could write about them or better yet show some pic's.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Re: How about Tools ?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Nope, not me... I suck it up and buy all Park tools, they've outlasted Pedro's and all the others. I've had that same Park portable bike stand since 1992, I bought it when I bought my '91 Stumpjumper Comp on clearance. The guy knocked $400.00 off the price if I bought the $100.00 stand... a new bike, a new stand, and a $300.00 discount. Such a deal!!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I can do a lot of things. I am great at tuning drums. But I suck at truing wheels. I have experts do it for me. And ditto on the Park tools..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

HEY...GREAT T did make a show! Even for simple tools like the one used to remove headset cups or install the bottom race on the forks? Love park tools and have a few... I always go for Park hand tools though my stand is a Ultimate and it works nice, but I like to tinker and lack of funds forces you to invent also.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane