I think I want.....

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: I think I want.....

Post by vpc66 »

They say we will have a slow warm up then it should be nice for a bit..sorry but I do not care for riding while wrap up in so much clothing that I feel like the Michelin Man...not to mention it would have been drab pictures with the overcast,lite rain and wind blowing everything around
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:So did anybody ride and get pictures like Derek did....must say I puss out, VERY NASTY weekend :cry:

Yep, I rode but as life is what it is, the camera battery was dead when I stopped for a trail pic. F*ck it, I'll submit a pic of the bike that got me to the top and provided so much joy as I bombed down like my hero Johnny T. (wishful thinking)!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

NICE RIDE...still don't get the idea of dirt drops. What benefit do you get out of drops so I can start to understand the use? That MB1 frame sure looks sweet,when did you set that bike up..I remember you talking about dirt drops on a bike but did not know it would be a Mb1.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Going back to Charlie Cunningham (founder of WTB) and Tom Ritchey (MTN god) in the 1970's up in Marin County... the dirt drop set up offers numerous hand positions. Consider your typical flat bar mountain bike, only one hand position versus four on most dirt drop bars.

The MB-1 is a recent build, as is another Schwinn Cimarron drop bar conversion. I had the '88 Cimarron that you're thinking about, that frame is sanded and ready for paint and that bar set up has been finalized. The '85 has a Nitto Technomic stem with Nitto Albatross bar (flipped over as drop bars instead of "Townie" comfort bars) added to the full group of 1st generation XT "Deerhead" components with bamboo fenders for a commuter set up. The '88 has Nitto riser stem and SOMA Sparrow bars with 8 speed STI "brifters" for a pure dirt bombin' set up.
(I'll include some pics to clarify)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Thanks D ....By the way with all that going on YOU might need your workshop back,you have to be tight on space with all the builds and bikes going on, then again does that special look a wife gives make it where you can somehow find area.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Vinny, you nailed the issue square on the head... SPACE... and my lack of it! I'd take a picture to show you but it's shameful! It makes me feel good that people have trusted me with their builds but I had to put my foot down yesterday when someone wanted to drop off two more builds. I told my buddy that I'd be happy to help him out but given that are nine builds in front of his two, better count on coming back in a month (and no you can't "just leave them" here). It seems like I hardly ever set aside time for my own builds, I suppose I could do my stuff instead of riding... yeah right! Getting to ride is the only thing that keeps me doing this madness.

Maybe a drop bar build for that Specialized project?

Peace,

-D-

p.s. As far as "that look" goes around the casa, as long as I keep it exclusively to my Smorgasbord singlespeed... clean, no hangin' parts (derailleurs), and I'm riding it... then I stay in good graces with the misses. ;)