As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

I think I want.....

Post by Derek »

27187066.jpg
27187066.jpg (31.56 KiB) Viewed 9052 times
There's an ad for a Pro-Flex 656 locally for cheap. I have done some cursory research and I guess this was a pretty nice bike. Anyone had any experience with these? I am a hard tail fan, but have always been curious....

I think it looks cool, and I dig the fact that they tried to do things different than what you usually see.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: I think I want.....

Post by vpc66 »

My first MTB was a Fs...still have it though set up for wife . Some trails a Fs makes the ride nicer so if you can have one of each it gives the choice of ride , which is always nice to have! Must say I have no clue about that model of bike so no word from me on that.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I got froggy and jumped. $50 bucks. It's a 3x7, all aluminum, canti's, all shimano (rapidfire, not grip), mavic rims, tight as my ex-wife's ankles clinched together, the elastomers are shot, but I have researched some fixes. It has two scratches total and some weird snake charmer thingy's in the tires? Kind of a snakebite fix or runflat wannabe? No wear, and only an inch shorter than my A2MS. Ritchey tires with 90% tread. The fork is COOL, it's a Girvin/Vector and looks like a reverse springer you'd find on a Harley. Post pics soon.

Boooo though..... 1" steertube.... though I think I'd screw up the geometry if I put a regular Manitou or Judy on it. I was gonna rape it for the grouppo and start back in on the A2R but I think this thing belongs in the Smithsonian.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

You can get the forks with a one inch steer tube...They do not show up everyday but they are out their...but if those forks can be rebuilt why not keep it how it came...if you want a old set up that is.

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I am. It's some cool stuff.... The elastomers are hard as hell to find, and a little spendy. Options are innertubes wrapped tight with zipties, not sure about that one. But one cat used some 1.5 " rubber test plugs, the type that plumbers use to seal off the end of a pipe, you know the kind with a wingnut.

Damn my ole' lady is a little pissed. :)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is cool that you are working to save it as is...and ....( as I hide to say ) They are always pissed off about something!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Derek,

Don't bother f*ckin' around with those silly homemade fixes, get this and solve everything! These guys are revivin' Proflex frames, they have 20+ Proflexes that have done all the research to make them trailworthy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proflex-Girvin- ... 2ec2e479a8

This shock replacement will solve all your issues... well, all your Proflex issues... not sure if there is solvin' all your issues!!!

Love and kisses,

(The absent mod)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

HE IS ALIVE....and opens with a slam..."not sure if there is solvin' all your issues!!!" . Nice to hear from you

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:HE IS ALIVE....and opens with a slam..."not sure if there is solvin' all your issues!!!" . Nice to hear from you

Ha-ha, that's funny Vinny! Damn right! Gotta get those crickets to stop chirpin' and start clappin'!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Woohoo....A fast reply..Could it be the start up to more good times,just need Derek to jump in with some sick line!