Un-numbered 93 Barracuda

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Re: Un-numbered 93 Barracuda

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hi ctk,

Long time brother, nice to see you are still around and popping in from time to time! Say, how is the little one... getting big I assume? Do you have a photo to say of the little future Cudahead? I trust all is well and you've been riding.

Best regards,

-D-

Hergules
Alumni
Alumni

Post by Hergules »

Yes, I'll likely go with the Control Tech stem & bar ends. I've seen good ones on ebay for $30-$40. Zooka's are hard to come by at a reasonable price plus I had Zooka stem back in the day and experienced a few failures... I'm more safety conscious these days (I heal slower at my age), so if I'm going to ride the bike (rather than hang it on the wall), I'd like to have something that has a good track record.
My Rides:
1993 A2X (14"), A2L (14")
1994 A2T (16"), A2X (16"), A2R (16")
1995 XX Team (14")

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

I love the look of Control Tech stems.

Don all is well thanks for asking! Hope you are good. I haven't been MTBing for over 2 years... I cycle to work and thats it. A sorry state of affairs but hopefully a house move out of the city early next year will allow me to hit some trails.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ouch! Two years... at least you are commuting and staying connected to one of your bikes! Snatching the misses and the babies and heading to the country sounds wondering! My wife would go in a heartbeat but not until we are debt free, I'm done but we need to finish paying off her student loans. Fingers crossed for the first of 2015 and we'll go from there.

I still want to see a photo of the little ones, thanks!

All the best,

-D-

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Here's an excerpt from my interview with Frank (the welder) Waddleton. Mentioned, are the green/white A2X frames:

FW: I remember building a bunch of bikes for a a couple of racers, one was Lisa Muhich who was the national cyclocross champion. I remember they wanted a strong womens team and most of the bikes we built were smaller ones. I remember now that Tom Teasdale built one or two prototypes and they (I can't remember their names) brought them by Yeti. I think they used wing strut tubes that were nearly flat. I think they also didn't want a chainstay bridge. They must have made some arrangement with JP (my boss, yeti owner) and I was allowed to make some changes and make the frames. I am pretty sure they were Tange prestige with a profiled downtube. The seat stays were very small diameter tube also. I think they were white and forest green. They came out pretty well.

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Mark wrote:They came out pretty well.

Here here!