What a great Sunday!

As stated, anything goes.
Mark
Founder
Founder

What a great Sunday!

Post by Mark »

No, nothing extraordinary happened today.

I had posted on Retrobike earlier in the week, my need for a Marzocchi XC600 fork for my upcoming 95 Unlimited build (no, I don't yet have the frame - working on that).

I heard from a fella that turned out to be 15 mins from my home here in Canada (which is nice since the Retrobike site is based out of England, with most of their followers being there).

I made arrangements to see the fork, drove over today with my kids, and the seller and I ended up sharing stories and talking all things bicycle in his shop for the better part of an hour.

He showed me some of his stable, and we spoke about parts he had available for me for my projects. In all, a great hour spent on a beautiful afternoon.

I'm now the proud owner of the zokes fork I need, and I walked out with a few other bits too, including a nice Barracuda flite knock-off he had sitting in a cardboard box. I'll likely go back next week for the Onza ti spindles; not sure yet about the Ritchey pedals..

How's everyone else's weekend going?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: What a great Sunday!

Post by vpc66 »

Son and I went for a ride on the Pinellas trail yesterday with my old riding buddy who by chance is a National Rank Speed Skater...we got a laugh, my son ask if he would be able to keep up on his skates...well Eric end up pushing my son so he could hang with us on the ride and at times would chase down road bikes for a little fun...YEA my son was very quiet when we got back to the truck and Eric and I just laugh !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Ha yep I love rummaging round in old bike bits too.

Is the UNLTD from Retrobike too Mark?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

It was a good weekend, I finished up my E-stay tribute (to John Parker & John Tomac) bike that my daughter helped me get together. The bike is a blast! It performs beautifully on the pavement as well as in the dirt but it really shines as a gravel grinder. The remote DKG Shift-Ease shifter mounts with the XT 7 speed pods are a dream! Maybe my new favorite bike... sorry guys.