I'm so in love.

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

I'm so in love.

Post by Derek »

After spending several hours tuning, degreasing, replacing tires/tubes/chains, rebuilding shifters, shining and polishing 'other' bikes (mother-in-law dropped off 6 of them, "see what you can do with these and just charge me whatever") ----- I have really come to appreciate the rides I have assembled myself, specifically the A2MS and A2R, with my Avanti at a close 3rd.

A little sad, though, because I know that those in-law bikes will sit neglected again for who knows how long. Oh well. It got me out of the old lady's way for a bit and its some extra fun money.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: I'm so in love.

Post by vpc66 »

Would agree, that Gt that I picked up a buddy has me building the thing for him and he he throw some cash my way when it is done....not big bucks but still and I have the fun of working on a bike.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

The last couple years I wrenched as much as I rode. Family, friends, long time old faithful customers that don't trust modern shops (i.e mechanics that think 9 speed is old school), and thankfully a few of my own... nothing can replace riding for me... think back to those early days and the freedom you felt. Nothing bike related beats that but building bikes is a real joy! Gets me wondering about the days ahead, what will fail me first? My ability to turn a pedal or my ability to turn a wrench? I hope it's not the wrench as that would mean an end to my old cars too but if it ever gets that bad I probably won't be able to hold a handlebar either!!! Call up Dr. Kevorkian and make with that mercy killing... hence, my signature below!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Very nice reply D, I have already got to the point where I can no longer ride hard, so I enjoy working on the bikes that much more....neighborhood kids bike, my kids or just the bikes I have laying around that I can no longer push like I did. Working on them even cleaning them puts my soul in a happy place.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane