Grab your leg warmers, Lionel Richie cassette and Walkman

As stated, anything goes.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Grab your leg warmers, Lionel Richie cassette and Walkman

Post by rbonif »

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/4080129074.html

Parkpre Catalyst Mountain bike - $120 (Roxbury)

21 speed mountain bike. 26" tires, 30" standover. Shimano components.

White with neon pink on the rear, accented with blue splatter paint. Very 90's! It's a cool bike I would not mind keeping, so don't bother with low ball offers please.
Tires have good tread, but the sidewalls are dry. Very ridable, but could use a good cleaning if you are fussy.

Sorry, but I only reply to emails with your name and phone number.

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
park2.jpg
park2.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
park1.jpg
park1.jpg (41.45 KiB) Viewed 4600 times

neo_pop_71

Re: Grab your leg warmers, Lionel Richie cassette and Walkma

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Love it!!!

I've always been a huge fan of ParkPre and Cozy Yamakoshi, I've thrown a leg over many of the bikes he's designed. When Cozy was at Diamond Back he designed the famed Silver Streak, the king BMX bike of the day. He also did some great mountain bikes like the Ascent and the Apex, if it was light weight butted steel, Cozy could work Magic! I bought my first ParkPre around 1990, The Hammer, shortly after I bought my Yeti FRO. John Parker and Yeti were in Agoura Hills and ParkPre were in Moorpark, not too far from the other, both bikes were well worth the drive north of Los Angeles... I wish I still had both! Shortly after I upgraded The Hammer for The Sledgehammer, I too regret selling that one! All the time I was riding my ParkPre trail bikes I was on the quest to land a ParkPre Team Image BMX bike, specifically the "Pistol Pete" Loncarevich Signature model, and I never found one. Bummed! Cozy was a genius, he put together the greatest BMX team in the 90's with "Pistol Pete" Loncarevich, Eric Rupe, Kiyomi Waller and Scott Yoquelet. Serious BMX winning history between the four riders! Thankfully, years later, I did finally snag a Loncarevich BMX frame. I've only ever come across one other Team Image frame, it's a new old stock Scott Yoquelet that's owned by Primal over on the BMX Museum site. By that time, I'd gotten married and had a daughter, so I built the bike up for pee-wee to tear it up. Here is a link to my BMX page:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/park_pre/52530

If you're into Mid-School BMX and want to drool over an amazing collection of 50+ bikes, here s a link to Primal's NOS Team Image Yoquelet Signature model. From there you can link to his collection:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/park_pre/13036

ParkPre bikes are the sleeper killer deal, few people know the brand nor do most know the rich history. If you ever come by a ParkPre in your size for a decent price... snag it... you won't be sorry, they are great trail bikes!

-D-

p.s. By the way, screw Lionel Richie, I was listening to Operation Ivy at the time!

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Grab your leg warmers, Lionel Richie cassette and Walkma

Post by rbonif »

cool story...that one couldn't definitely be city cruiser and is only about an hour drive from me. I will keep you posted if I move on her.

Thanks
Ron