Swobo Bikes - Awesome Company ! ! !

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Swobo Bikes - Awesome Company ! ! !

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey all,

I'm sad and happy at the same time... unfortunately, I have to retire my 2008 Swobo Otis commuter but on the bright side it's being replaced with a 2013 Swobo Folsom. I discovered a bad crack in the head tube on my Otis, that bummed me out because I love that bike and the new ones aren't the same. I called Swobo to see if there was anything to be done but I wasn't expecting much. The next day Ben at Swobo was all over it with a positive prompt email, he asked for a couple photos, I sent those off. Still not expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised by another prompt email that next day informing me that a new Swobo Folsom was on the way via FedEx with no questions asked. Four days later the frame, fork, and headset arrived this morning before I headed for work. I peeked in the box but had to get out the door. All day long all I could think about was getting home and starting in on swapping parts over from the Otis. Tomorrow I'm going to go by the LBS where I help out from time to time and use their tools to set the star nut and press the headset. It's been quite some time since I built a new bike for myself, I'm always recycling a bike or building something new for someone else... finally it's my turn!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Swobo Bikes - Awesome Company ! ! !

Post by vpc66 »

Be happy and enjoy the old NEW ride D ! Oh yea, enjoy your own build time as well,time to make little changes if you had any complaint with the first version .
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Well, here is an update on the Swobo Otis...

found another crack in the top of the head tube...

and I turned the wasted Otis frame with an old chain ring and some recycled brake cables into some Swobo "Death of Otis" wind chimes. Perfect for Halloween, dismembered bike chimes!

(yes, they sound good, especially the big down tube, zen temple vibe goin' on!)

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Here are a few shots of the Swobo Folsom they sent me, this is my commuter, but I'm still playing with the stem height. I can't say enough about Ben at Swobo and the company itself, awesome customer service and just all around cool stuff and good people!!! I sent a simple email asking if I might be able to buy a "blem" frame on discount... a few days later a new frame, fork, and headset arrived at my home. I couldn't be happier and I highly recommend checking out Swobo if you have any plans of buying a new bike, you can't go wrong!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I hope you are very happy with your replacement ride D, but you may have start a trend for bike lovers.....maybe YOU should grab that $20 XX and make a few chimes out of it and charge 20 or so for each ? I would drill holes maybe 3/4" down and use wire crimps with eyes on shifter cable through holes in the chainring with bike cable ends crimp on...but that is mine thought....need to find some old steel frames now and grab the chop saw!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Believe me... XX Cuda wind chimes... that was me exact thought when I saw the $20.00 B.I.N. but then I was gobsmacked by the $102.15 shipping fees. If you Paypal me $150.00, I'll pick 'em up and make you a set of your own chimes, it'll be my first Cuda commissioning! Awesome, thanks for supporting your local artists!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Oooops I forgot about the guy hoping to make money off the shipping cost...and you know that is what they are counting on when the cost is obscene like that!