Promoted at work aaaannnddd..Bike Stolen

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Promoted at work aaaannnddd..Bike Stolen

Post by Derek »

Good news, I got a promotion yesterday, the hours are sh!tty, but its the most money I've made since since I moved from Texas back to Utah 4-ish years ago. Gonna take a swing at it and see if it causes a divorce.

My 'Toyota' -- old reliable, easy rolling urban assault bike, tuned it once and forgot about it.... Dark Green 1994-or-95 Avanti Ridge Rider built in New Zealand, Bright Yellow Rock Shox Judy SL, gold anodized riser bars with classic Girvin Bar Ends, WTB Wierwolf grips and WTB saddle, Kenda 26"x2.0" 'street motorcycle tread' slicks, got stolen today. I was about 12 feet away at work and the bike was locked up and I could see it through a huge window. Just let me see someone riding it. My 'Cuda is my girlfriend, but the Avanti is my wife - always there for me, never let me down.

Granted I have the rest of my herd to keep me company, but dammit - that bike is worth next to nothing at the pawn shop, but it was my first kickass build on a budget.

---A moment of silence---

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Promoted at work aaaannnddd..Bike Stolen

Post by vpc66 »

Sorry to hear Derek but must remember, locks will keep a honest person honest. I learn my golden rule of - If the bike is outside I am on it- long time ago
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

First things first, congrats on the promotion, I'm happy for you big man... I'm sure you've paid your dues and deserve all the rewards that come with the position!

Damn! I am truly sorry to hear that my brother, that is not how life rewards you for working hard! I'm not all "P.C." like some people, I wish vicious terrible pain on the bastard that took your wife... seriously, I hope the mother f*cker is crippled for life!!! Having recovered a bike that was dear to me, I pray that you catch the scumbag and are blessed with the opportunity to equal the score! When I put that crescent wrench upside that tweaker's skull and it made that bizarre pop (and then the flop like a fish), only then did I start to rejoice in being reunited with the bike that I worked hard to purchase! I want that same satisfaction for you, maybe a little slice and dice to educate him on the proper end of a kabob knife!!!

Best wishes Derek!

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

That rots, my friend.

Chances are you will see it turn up. Post the loss at mtbr and retrobike too, just in case..

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I hope you get to see the ass riding the WHOLE bike, with it being lock I fear it was not a grab and go idiot but somebody that knew what they were doing which would mean that bike has become many with the parts spread around. I would like to say GREAT about your job yet from your write up here and on Fb you do not seem so sure that the idea is good, so not sure how to reply....I do hope things melt into a workable situation for you guys,enjoy the time you do get and maybe think of it as a foot in the door toward something better that will work for the both of you....Cheers
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

I've had all theories from different cops, pawn shops, friends, etc. "Transient from point A to point B then trade it for a crack rock" "It was a professional" "Are you sure you locked it up" yada yada yada....

Here's the kicker.... I brought my 'Cuda inside the employee break area today, and was asked by the owner "Who said that was ok?"

Me, "I was told it was common practice for employees (and I am management), especially since this is a high-risk bike theft area, and I had my bike stolen day before yesterday, and I paid $50 for that lock"

Owner "you were told wrong, but let me think about it, I don't want that room turning into a bike rack."

Guh.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

What a bastid... a real fargin' icehole!!!