Nite Ride

As stated, anything goes.
cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Nite Ride

Post by cudarider1 »

recently picked up a magic shine 900 lumen light for the bike to try night riding with my brother and my buddy who go almost every week. Was possibly going tuesday but the 2 feet of snow were getting will probably put an end to that plan. Any one else do night rides?

mixalive

Re: Nite Ride

Post by mixalive »

I have the Turbo Cat lighting rig as pictured and had designed a helmet light using a 7v Makita battery stowed in the Camelbak. For a while, I was riding the Austin Barton Creek Greenbelt at night. But one night, I was at, what I call the Moon Rocks near a cliff and all of a sudden, I heard something or someone break out into a full run at me. As I was already on the move, I quickly laid down on the pedals and got out of there. I decided at that point I didn't need to be riding at night alone. At the point that I started fearing for safety, I shyed away from the deep woods night rides. But I believe there is safety in numbers. Also, the battery on the Turbo Cat weighs almost as much as the bike. But the beams are great.. Riding the woods at night is awesome..
Attachments
TurboCat Lighting
TurboCat Lighting
lights.jpg (254.56 KiB) Viewed 4902 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: Nite Ride

Post by manbeer »

I have the magicshine combo and i love it. The 900 on the helmet and the 1400 on bars. Its as much light as i could possibly want on any road and more than enough for almost all trails around here. Honestly it IS enough, but lights are addictive and the more i have the more i want. When i first got the 900 it seemed like enough and now i just want more and more

These are great value for the money, i lent them to a worker at my lbs who sells niterider and he was blown away
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more