Miyata $150- little help

As stated, anything goes.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Miyata $150- little help

Post by rbonif »

I can't seem to find out what type of model this is. I think it my be a trailrunner and a nice deal but not sure. Anyone have any knowledge on these?

thanks
Ron

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/4146543760.html
Myata mountain bike light aluminum frame in great condition ready to ride call Ron 718-598-4521
Attachments
Miyata.jpg
Miyata.jpg (44.52 KiB) Viewed 3835 times

neo_pop_71

Re: Miyata $150- little help

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Ron,

Miyata bikes can be tricky as they did the same model in different markets but did them in different colors and under different names. Here is a link to my '91 Koga-Miyata Trailrunner. The bolt on stays was introduced in 1990 for Miyata 100th anniversary, it was done with gold lugs and carbon fiber tubing. Elev12k aka Elevation 12k on the different forums is the authority on all things Koga and Miyata, he helped me pin down the fact that mine was a Japanese only market bike as it had Japanese characters on the warning sticker on the top tube but he had no Japanese catalogs to back it up.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=351&p=1477&hilit=miyata#p1477

I also had a Seven21 road bike with the same glued threaded tubing and lugs. The bolt on stays ran through the mid-90s but the cable routing changed placement. In '92 they went to a box seat yoke, so I'm thinking yours is a '90 or '91. Yours is very similar to a '91 Elevation 1000, I've attached a photo, the paint is different on the rear stays but they changed things mid-year from time to time.

Either way, that a good price on a great bike!