How do you keep your Cuda(s) safe?

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

How do you keep your Cuda(s) safe?

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang,

I'm just curious if any of you take any precautions when it comes to protecting your Barracuda(s) and other bikes? I ask because my buddy was by the house visiting yesterday and commented on how many locks I have on the bikes. He knows I live in a quiet, safe neighborhood, where everyone knows one another... I explained after someone stole my Cannondale with my daughter's Burly trailer attached, I've never taken any other chances. Mind you, I live on a corner and have a short (not even 36") brick/block wall from when the home was built in 1938, the wall (if you could call it that) separates our raised front/side yard from the sidewalk. The jerk had to come up a couple of steps to come into our yard. The worst part, we cut our ride short so I could get my lil' one to the rest room, we were honestly in the house less than 5 minutes. I get that it was a crime of opportunity, but seeing my daughter's tears I vowed never again.

Here's my (lock) breakdown:

(3) Kryptonite 3/4" braided cables
(1) Kryptonite U-lock
(1) Bike Club
(1) 3' hardened chain
(4) assorted cables with locks

Is anyone as crazy as me? C'mon, what do you do to secure your babies?

Thanks for taking a moment!

-DON-

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: How do you keep your Cuda(s) safe?

Post by ctk »

Mmm White Bros forks! XC70? Great looking forks.

Did you see the story on Retrobike? Someone had 7 bikes stolen from their basement all sorts of rare titanium MTBs probably 15k worth!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I did see that... it made me sick to my stomach! So much high-end vintage and rare stuff, awesome collection for sure. Here's what gets me, he locks them up in a common use basement, WTF?!!! I'm sorry, that's just plain stupid! I feel for the guy but you might as well invite the thief in for a snack! If he couldn't fit his collection in his townhome or apartment, then his collection is too large or get a secure storage unit. I do hope he has good luck in recovering his bikes, he should, some of those frames and a lot of those parts were mighty rare.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Here is his posting on MTBR.com, that's where I read about it. What a shame

ctk- Check the link:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60

(scroll down towards the bottom)

The White Bros SC70UL may go on my gold/white A2L, and I just finished building my baby with a White Bros XC-4 air fork. My buddy Pete was the art director at White Bros when they were still in Yorba Linda, CA., he did all the decals and illustrations for the catalogs and manuals. I was fortunate enough to have my forks rebuilt by the suspension tech at W.B. a few times for free, it might take a few days but it was so worth it! Now, I'd have to send it to Colorado, it would cost for labor plus parts and $25 shipping each way (ouch!). So, I pray they never blow a seal or worse!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I use a Mossberg 500..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Right on "Mix"(alive), I have a Mooseberg too... what year is your 500?

I got the "Palin" Mooseberg on layaway at Wallyworld, 16 more payments that baby is mine!

Happy New Year!

-D-
Last edited by neo_pop_71 on January 2nd, 2011, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

I have the 18.5" 12 gauge Walmart Special purchased in 1998, blued with composite stock and heat shield. I have a pistol grip on it at the moment but came with a shoulder stock. I am thinking about having it parkerized.
I alternate-load with bird-buck-bird-buck.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Nice!

When I used to have my art studio in downtown L.A., sawed-offs were always thought of as "special choice" when you wanted to say "Hey!!!" to someone from a moving vehicle. Now, I live in the suburbs and all my neighbors have sawed-offs for protection, I thought my pitbull/boxer mix and my bike locks would be enough but maybe I should get one too! "Granny", the lady that lives behind me pulled hers out at the gas station the other day... she raised some pulses! I bet the picture of granny's sexy granddaughter raises a few pulses, right? :shock:

C'mon, let's get a 'Cuda calendar going, that sweet thing straddled over my A2L, sexy navel showing! :o

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

This ususaly does it for us...Bruno.

And if for some unimaginable reason that doesnt work....theres always a Sig 9mm at the ready....