What is going on ????

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: What is going on ????

Post by vpc66 »

And your point is ???

Glad to see you making a post Derek, even if it was a lame one !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Bite me. In a good way.

I got a nice tablet for myself for christmas and Android isn't as friendly for the forum as Windows is. The lappy doesn't see much use these days.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang,

The weekend is half over, did you ride?

(guilty feelings boiling up inside you if you didn't)

Aside from our Barracudas I don't bring many topics of conversation, I'm not going to chat you up about artwork or graffiti (what is most dear to my heart besides my family), so from time to time I bring up another passion of mine... fighting. No, not the drunken stupidity in the street nor bar (but I have been known to mix it up from time to time against a bully or two), I'm talking about boxing, kickboxing, and mixed martial arts. Last night in Las Vegas an absolute crusher gave a beat down on Cyborg (pictured previously) and won. You could go to Cagefighter on Yahoo and watch the 20 minute slightly impressive but slow at times fight, that's not my reason for posting, it's the fact that this young lady hadn't had a fight in over 3 years and she was still able to handle one of the strongest and most vicious female fighters in history. Jovina "Jo-Jo" Baars (pronounced more like Bosh or the better known Bosch) is only 25 years old with a record of 35-0-3 hold 2 World Championships in Muay Thai/Klickboxing, in a nutshell... no fighter will get in the ring against her! That is insanely awesome to me!!! How incredibly tough do you have to be that no one is willing to take you on? I love it!!! That's why I'm highlighting Jo-Jo's achievement, this young lady can be 3 years rusty and still handle The Cyborg, she deserves some attention and praise! The best part is she looks like a sweet college student... maybe one day my little masher, and she is a masher, will follow in Jo-Jo's footsteps, both are tall, strong, and kick harder than anyone I've ever seen for their respective ages! (grinning proud father moment)

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

You are dead on, if you seen her in a bar or something you would think she was the nerd type, just a plain weak non sporty kind of girl...would be funny to see a guy try to push him self on her...I would get such a laugh.
And the riding today would suck...we had thunder storms rolling over us today !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey gang,

Check it out, it's been a year since this thread was originally posted, it was all about what you had planned in 2014.

I'm most interested in your bikes of 2014... what did you buy, build, and/or get rid of this past year?

Since it seems appropriate, what bike plans do you have for 2015?

(I'm not getting the ball rolling this time, someone else must post their project, let's see who is paying attention)

C'mon now... let's go!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Well, I replace the bike my wife called her own with another one ( she still does not ride ) change the chain on the Cuda due to the stretch on the old one and went back to riding real trails with grown ups and lost 20 pounds of fat, built a loaner bike for a buddy or who ever to ride with the gang and this year the Colson will come to life...a build I have wanted to do for sometime in my mind will become real !

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

Right now i want to build a commuter bike, since i sold the one i used till last fall. That was a 2000 Trek 7000 ZX. I bought a '97 KHS Alite 3000, made of Easton aluminum tubing, with a mixture of parts. A nice Marzocchi Bam 1, and some other good stuff. Since the frame is neat and in more then decent shape, i think is worth a bit of extra love. Another winter project, that i allready finished, it's a dirtbike(2014 Dartmoor 26Player frame). It seems i'm not getting older.....at least that's what i think, till i pay the doc a visit. :)
Attachments
2014-12-24 15.24.55.jpg
2014-12-24 15.24.55.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 15839 times
Zoltan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nice bike Zoltan and don't worry about the not growing up part, safe to say there are a number of us here that fit in the class of grown up kids

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Nice bike Zoltan and don't worry about the not growing up part, safe to say there are a number of us here that fit in the class of grown up kids

Yeah, that's for sure!!!

My wife never passes up an opportunity to tell our daughter not to "repeat what your dad just said..." but I figure there's so much bullsh*t in the world, a little honesty couldn't hurt, right?

I agree with vpc66, that dirt bike is pretty slick, I'm really digging the single rear hydraulic brake... I know there will be times when you want more brake but those are the precious balls out moments that make you feel alive! Good luck on picking up that 'Cuda banner and swag from the guy in Germany. You're the most likely person to get it being it's already in Europe. Some cool stuff to ad to your 'Cuda collection, I hope you're able to make it happen.

Thanks for sharing!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Well, I replace the bike my wife called her own with another one ( she still does not ride ) change the chain on the Cuda due to the stretch on the old one and went back to riding real trails with grown ups and lost 20 pounds of fat, built a loaner bike for a buddy or who ever to ride with the gang and this year the Colson will come to life...a build I have wanted to do for sometime in my mind will become real !

Hey man, what are you trying to pull? Gotta have pictures, you can't expect us "visual" people to survive on words alone, we need pretty photos too! Don't be stingy with the lovin'!!!