Be honest...

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Be honest...

Post by vpc66 »

I have read about folks being arrested for making trails on land that does not belong to them..but the local MTB clubs here have days were members go and do repair work or make new paths in the parks where we can ride. We have a few parks right now that set land out for off road riding being setup with brand new paths.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

rbonif wrote:Neo, I see you put on the new seat you won from EBAY. that bike is so cool

Thanks Ron for the kind words, much appreciated! I decided to drop my original plan of a slick black, gray, and silver build. Instead I decided to go with something more nostalgic with whatever higher end parts regardless of color... hence the mish mash of colors just like the days when I was a broke student. It was the 90's and color was king, the more you had the better! As far as the frame, Sherwood Gibson designed the WildHare (he's most famous for designing Ventana bikes), it's an amazing bike and I've yet to find its limits, no flaws to speak about... pure joy! One day soon Sherwood will be in the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame for his frame and suspension designs. I highly recommend if you find a Psycle Werks in your local market to snag it if the price is in your budget. I would consider anything around $400 to $500 a decent price since these bikes cost over $3,000 almost 20 years ago.

Here is the only one for sale right now online that I could find:

http://www.spreadmyad.com/moses-lake/ve ... yt5Y9238rg

"The bike manufacturer is called Psycle Werks and the model is a Wild Hare. Built buy a high end custom builder in California. XTR-XT 3X9 component mix with grip shifters. Shocks are Fox front and rear. Bike has been maintained and ready to ride. Frame size is 17 in or medium. Although the bike is older it is still a great design and is a very competitive entry level race bike. This is a great price the bike cost $4050.00 new. Asking $400.00 call Bill at (509) 76O-O528 if interested. Pedals and woman's saddle as shown not included. I will include man's saddle and old set of Crankbrothers pedals."

I take exception with this seller for stating that the bike is "an entry level race bike" and I couldn't disagree more as this bike is anything but entry level. Ignoring that silliness, the front and rear Fox shocks are worth the asking price but add in the XTR and XT components and this is a great bike for the coin if you're in need of a small batch American made full suspension bike.

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

:cry: Sigh, now if I could only find all the parts to that Pro Flex I took apart and hung on the wall of my shop last year.

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

That name alone is worthy of owning. Unfortunately Neo I can't get anymore bikes for a bit...I am like the guy that owns 4 cats.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I may have hit the mother of all Psycle Werks finds...

It looks as if the builder is selling off some overstock, I might finally get that disc brake ready swingarm I've been dying to find. Maybe I'll pick up another frame for down the line, I'm waiting to hear back on the prices, fingers crossed that the pricing is low!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/bi ... 58384.html

THIS WEEKEND SATURDAY 3/22 @ 7:30AM...HUGE BICYCLE AND PARTS SALE !!

THERE WILL BE COMPLETE BIKES, FRAMES, FORK, TONS OF PARTS, RIMS, AND MISC.

SOME HIGH END COLLECTIBLE STUFF LIKE TURNER, HIAWATA, SCHWINN FRAME, NEW OLD STOCK PSYCLE WERKS...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Did anybody even pan down into that middle image?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:Did anybody even pan down into that middle image?

Oh sure, the photo where you were highlighting the lovely burst on the lower bout of the guitar...

yeah right...

big 'ol pervy move... I'm telling Mrs. Mixalive!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

And Sheriff Mix watches over our naughty little games....I knew he was a undercover perv!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

vpc66 wrote:And Sheriff Mix watches over our naughty little games....I knew he was a undercover perv!

Don't hate, appreciate and participate.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:
vpc66 wrote:And Sheriff Mix watches over our naughty little games....I knew he was a undercover perv!

Don't hate, appreciate and participate.

Hey now... hold up with your loose swingin' lifestyle in the land 'o' Mormons...

you've appreciated way more than I care to participate with!!!

(click the photo to enjoy the full glory)