C'mon... there's still Sunday ! ! !

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

C'mon... there's still Sunday ! ! !

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Greetings my fellow Cudaheads,

Just checkin' with 'ya to see if you've given any love to you Barracuda or any other bike this weekend?

Well, whether you've been faithful to your 'Cuda, shown some attention to another from your stable, or neglected all things bike related... there's still Sunday! Toss a leg over a velo and go for it! Grab some tools and service that problem area. Saturday has come and gone but today is your chance... go for it compadres!

I got dusty on the trail and was finally able to make some progress on my Psycle Werks WildHare. Since the last photos I posted, my rear wheel now has a 9 speed XT cassette (11-34T), there is a new XT front shifter to go with the XT rear, and I made up my mind on pedals. I've been waiting for weeks for the tiny compression ferrules, D-washers, and other essentials to arrive from Germany so I could rebuild my Magura hydraulic brakes. I had partial sets of yellow HS22 Race-Line and red HS33 John Tomac brakes in the spare bins. I made some franken-brakes with the best pieces from the lot. The highlight was assembling the Race-Line levers with aftermarket Altek CNC lever blades... I had two rear lever blades in red and black, I flipped the black lever blade and now I'm good to go. I need to bleed the brakes and pick up a 9 speed chain and the bike will finally be done!!!

C'mon gang, get out and ride today or show your bike some love with a tune up or a bath... post it here!

Thanks!

-D-

(click each photo to see the full image)

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Re: C'mon... there's still Sunday ! ! !

Post by zoltanka79 »

I'm going for a ride in about an hour with my latest build. Well, it's a Dartmoor Phantom, but i did put a Cuda sticker on the lowers.
Attachments
DSC00009.JPG
DSC00009.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 4165 times
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00004.JPG (2.08 MiB) Viewed 4165 times
Zoltan

neo_pop_71

Re: C'mon... there's still Sunday ! ! !

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Right on Zoltan for contributing early, thanks! Your Phantom looks like a trail smasher... and a single speed no less! That's awesome, I love to see other peoples' single speed rigs, it's all about personalizing the bike! I dig your choice in ODI Lock-Ons, as you can see on my Psycle Werks, I too am a fan of the Rogue grips. Great minds think alike? Hell yeah they do!

How about a trail report? Given the surroundings in the photos of your Phantom with the old stone floor and the cut up forest, it looks like you've got some serious trails to explore. I'd enjoy a story and some photos (some milk and cookies too)... don't be stingy with the lovin'!!!

Alright gang, Zoltan has popped the cherry, no need to be bashful... just post your Sunday!