Another one bites the dust.

As stated, anything goes.
Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Another one bites the dust.

Post by Derek »

My newer TREK Series 4 got snatched from outside my work. Nice U-lock defeated. Built it over the last 3 months and had about $600 in it plus my time. People are dicks. Rode it about a week.

Found this one though. :)

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=29455061&cat=191&lpid=0&search=&ad_cid=5

neo_pop_71

Re: Another one bites the dust.

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Holy crap Derek, that sucks!!!

Is there not a single place anywhere in the restaurant to put a bike hook and hang your bike? Hell man, this is twice, doesn't the business owner have a soul? Please, if you ever catch the bastard that took either bike, knock his ass down and stomp his nuts until they are pancake flat!

Before you go spending any serious dough, please look at buying a TiGr Lock, I've never known one of the locks to fail. I've got a number of friends that are messengers and couriers, every single one of them have been ripped off and those bike were their livelihood. A number of them, myself included, helped bankroll the TiGr Lock when it was on Kickstarter. The father and son that developed the TiGr are lock masterminds and they researched the best locking mechanism and lock material, this lock is the bike savior. None of my friends have lost any bikes that were locked up with the TiGr Locks, I'm talking about San Fran, New York, Chicago, Philly, Los Angles... serious bike theft meccas... all shut down!!! They are expensive but how much have your two bikes set you back? More inportantly, how much are you going to spend on another bike knowing the u-locks can be busted? I'd suggest the new 30" Ti bow, it's ideal for mountain frame and bigger tires.

Here is a link to the TiGr Lock:

http://tigrlock.com/product/

As far as that Trek goes, stay the hell away!!! That bike is about $400 overpriced and that suspension design is well regarded as the worst full suspension design ever crafted. That thing is a pogo stick, period.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Do not even know what to say other than drive your car to work man...OR...if you are high enough up the food chain where you work, tell them you have lost two bikes because of them stuck out side with out you on them ( a big no no in my rule book ) and you need a spot on the inside for them..Third choice would be, BUY BEATER BIKES from thrift store or where ever for a few bucks, nasty as all so nobody would want them just to ride to work on.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Big V. is right, there has to be some place inside where you could screw in a bike hook and hang the front wheel... it'll be off the ground and not in the way... best of all it'll be inside away from those thieving bastards!!!

The big bike scam when I was in college, pro bike thieves would ride up on a beater to the large common area bike racks around campus, they'd act like they were locking up their bike but instead they'd inject liquid nitrogen into the u-locks and freeze it. One swift smack and the u-lock shatters into pieces and they ride off on the choice bike. The only day I ever rode my Zaskar to school, both my beaters had flats (how I don't know), 6 hours later I came out of the art department and my race bike was gone! The campus fuzz were like keystone cops about the whole thing, almost laughing when I said I wanted them to do a police report for my insurance.

I f*ckin' hate bike thieves!!! Derek, I seriously hope you come up on the fool that took your bike, when and if you do please show that scum what the sharp end of a kabob knife can do! I'm serious, go Reservoir Dogs on the guy and cut one of his ears off and feed it to him!!!

There's a special place in hell for rapists, child molesters, politicians, and bike thieves!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

You forgot Lawyers....Ok just go with BIG Businessman !

Does this give any thoughts!
I know...bad Vinnie for feeling that way about the list made
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 6535 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Scum Bags..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap