Spooky

As stated, anything goes.
rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Spooky

Post by rbonif »

Apologies for being MIA but I was finally able to get out today and looking forward to the weekend as the weather is going to be nice.

She is so light and climbs like a champ. I had to remove a few chain links today and almost have the chain slip issue fixed...This happens with all my builds when I can't compare the size to an original chain. Is it common on vintage builds?

I need to try and take some pictures of them all together and will try and post tomorrow.

Ron
Attachments
IMAG0188.jpg
IMAG0188.jpg (225.54 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
IMAG0189.jpg
IMAG0189.jpg (155.17 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
IMAG0191.jpg
IMAG0191.jpg (161.2 KiB) Viewed 6486 times
IMAG0192.jpg
IMAG0192.jpg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 6486 times

Chitown Cuda

Re: Spooky

Post by Chitown Cuda »

very nice

zoltanka79
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by zoltanka79 »

That wheelset.... no wonder she's light. I like!
Zoltan

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Ron,

Good to hear from you my man, thanks for sharing your Spooky! The build on your Darkside is awesome and must just tear it up and be a blast! Most of the Darksides that make it out to SoCal are built up as 26" BMX cruisers, it's great to see one put together with a slick geared set up. I've always been a fan of small run bike companies and Spooky (like Spot and Smorgasbord) always impressed me by having one foot in the time proven East Coast geometry from the days gone by and the other foot in modern materials and details. It's great to see a well thought out frame, details like a high bottom bracket, cable routing on top of the stays and away from the muck, etcetera keep you flyin' down the trail as opposed to doing messing with trail side repairs!

I'm expecting a detailed trail report, don't be stingy with the lovin', keep me posted!

Thanks,

-D-

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Thanks all. She rides pretty well...I still have some chain slip in my high gear and I have to tinker with the FD or shifter as I am not getting all three front chainrings. I will say that I like the climbing ability as the ceramic rims really keep the weight down.

Unfortunately she is getting a rest tomorrow as I am going to show some love to the A2V. I am excited to see how this performs as I haven't rode her on the trails yet.

I will keep you posted.

Ron