90 Team Stumpjumper project

As stated, anything goes.
NORD

90 Team Stumpjumper project

Post by NORD »

Hear are some pics of my 1990 Team Stumpjumper frame resto/build project. As best I can tell is a 1990 but I am not certain. It could be a 1991. I came across some nice Campagnolo Thor rims that really made things come together for me and a nice Koski fork. Bike looks blue in the photos but it is dark purple. A 4 year project for me.

1994 Barracuda A2R
1993 Barracuda A2L
1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Team
1972 Regina Sport SS project
1991 Bianchi Ibex project
1995 Bianchi Ibex project

neo_pop_71

Re: 90 Team Stumpjumper project

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey NORD,

Really nice Stumpie Team bike, I dig the look with the chrome Koski fork. I agree with you that yours is a 1990 and not a 1991. Do you have any of the stock parts? The 1990 Team bike came with Shimano XT and the 1991 Team bike came with Suntour XC Pro like the Bridgestone MB-1. The fact that yours looks purple in the sun is the color "Black Pearl" as opposed to "Black" on the 1991. When I went to buy my 1991 Stumpjumper, I bought the Comp model because the "Matte Gray" appealed to me more than the plain white or black. I wanted the XT 7 speed group that only came on the Comp model, besides the Team model coming with XC Pro it only came in plain black. The previous 3 bikes I bought were all black and I wanted something different. I parted out the Comp a few years ago and used the XT 7 speed on my A2L but I've always regretted selling that double butted Tange Prestige dream bike... purely stupid move on my part and I don't have many regrets in life!

Great job, 4 years is a good long time but the results are surely worth the patience taken!

-D-

NORD

Post by NORD »

Thanks for the added details on the model years. The bike I originally test rode a the bike shop back in the day that inspired me to later build this bike had the Suntour XC Pro components and full Suntour Greaseguard parts. At the time the shop owner was considering selling me just the frame I was wanting because he had a buyer for the greaseguard group and the bike was about a year old still in the shop. It was stupid expensive for the whole bike, thus it sitting there for a year I think, even though this was in a very heavily traveled tourist area.
1994 Barracuda A2R
1993 Barracuda A2L
1990 Specialized Stumpjumper Team
1972 Regina Sport SS project
1991 Bianchi Ibex project
1995 Bianchi Ibex project

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nice classic ride Nord! Wow waiting four years to ride a bike...strong will you have
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane