It is that time Don !

As stated, anything goes.
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

It is that time Don !

Post by vpc66 »

I had to play this song on the last day during my school years...Hope you get to enjoy a break and ride often !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUugQoxS8_o&feature=kp
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Re: It is that time Don !

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Ha- Thank you for thinking about me, I wish Big V., I'd love to be off work and riding!!!

Today is my 3rd day of teaching summer school at a different high school in my high school district. I finished the school year last Friday and my summer assignment started on Monday. It has some serious challenges as I don't know the kids nor the staff, in fact I'm the only "outsider" from a different school. Don't misunderstand, I'm very thankful to have gotten a summer assignment, I'm the only person who did... the idea of living off savings for 2 1/2 months is an awful idea! I will get some riding in on the next couple of Fridays until my daughter is out of school on the 18th. My summer gig is for 6 weeks and only 4 days a week for 5 hours. Like I said before, I'm not complaining about 20 hours weeks, 3 day weekends, and a month off before I return for a new school year. It's a sweet gig, not a ton of money but it helps. My wife was lucky enough to be offered a summer position also, a different district than mine but thankfully the same work schedule. What I'm most looking forward to are Friday family beach trips to Sunset Beach, yeah the same one The Beach Boys wrote about in the '60's. Also, having a few weeks off with pee-wee will be great; riding our 'Cudas and doing some art together are top on the list of things to do.

Thanks again compadre!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I was worried you would be on a different time than my kids for school, but glad you enjoyed the thought !
Sounds to me you have a good deal going on for summer brake...balance between funds and fun, enjoy the time with family and never know, you may inspire some new kids with your teaching, art or bikes...if they find out what you get into. I know we had a teacher in my high school that got into restoring old muscle cars...he had one of the most nasty yet sweet looking cars that pulled into our parking lot !

Enjoy your sweet days of Summer !

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

My mom had a masters degree in French, then went on to get her Chapter 1 Facilitator (delayed reading) endorsement. We would travel during the summers. I remember we had a brand new '89 Ford Taurus that we would tow a pop-up Coleman camper with and just hit the State Parks all around the country. We managed to hit 47 of the lower 48 over the course of several years (I was 14 years old and did most of the driving one summer, she couldn't back a trailer!) . California and Hawaii are the only States I haven't been through. I have been to Alaska but I did that on a rented BMW motorcycle out of Seattle much later in life.

She had the option of a 12 or 9 Month Pay plan. She teetered back and forth for that choice and both have their benefits and drawbacks. Champagne taste on a beer budget.

Good lord I am getting a travel jones just thinking about it.

Although I live in Utah, the recreation Mecca, I have vowed to return to a park near Little Rock, Arkansas the made an impression on my young mind.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Must have been nice to see so much at those ages...Cool !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

+1 Agreed!

It's a shame you failed to hit California, we're always game for people to come and spend money as long as you go home! Seriously though... Yosemite, Big Sur, Lake Tahoe, Marin (birthplace of mountain biking) are all fabulous... plus, if you come in the winter it's 75 degrees and you can surf in the morning and snowboard that afternoon! Only a handful of places on the planet can you do that in one day!

Come for a visit... then get the hell out!!!

Cheers!

-D-

p.s. The photo is the view from my front porch, blues sky and snow-capped local mountains.