Sumpin' good outta' gaterland

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Sumpin' good outta' gaterland

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey all,

Normally Vinny and I have have a good ol' time taking cheap cracks at one another based on our geographics, he in Florida and I in Southern California, maybe it's confusing if you don't know our history but we have a great time teasing and mean no harm. I've worked in education for most of my life, 21 of the 43 that I've been on the big blue marble, from Downs and Austistic preschoolers to Los Angeles juveniles that were murders. I have to say at this point very little surprises me in this uber competitive "all must go to college" cookie cutter world where kids that would have been the elite in your high school days can't get into a "good" 4 year school today. Any 'Cudahead parents on here? Feeling stressed about your little one's future? Sorry I don't have an answer for you on those worries but I do have this really great story from Vinny's bayou hillbilly state of one of the great ones! Seriously, if you're worried about the future, don't be, superstars like Griffin Furlong will be steering the ship soon enough and all of our pathetic little pensions will once again be in qualified hands... hell, I might actually get a decent night's sleep knowing Griffin is the future of this country with his valedictorian title and his 4.64 (aka A+++) GPA... oh yeah, sorry about that, I neglected to mention that this very impressive young man was homeless!!! That's right, his mother passed and he was left lost and alone to his own future...

(you're going to have to read the story, you lazy sods, I have some teacher decency to uphold)

http://news.yahoo.com/a-homeless-high-s ... 54008.html

Here is a quote from Griffin at his valedictorian speech to his classmates:

"Everyone thinks I try to make good grades because I’m smart. Not true. I perform the way that I do in the classroom because I have everything to lose," Griffin told his classmates at graduation. "I make the grades I do because I was once lost and had nothing.”

Okay, based on his words, I'll add these details to further cement his impressive achievement... Griffin never missed a day of class nor did he miss doing an assignment! None of us can lay claim to those impressive feats! Here's the thing, within the words to his classmates is something that took me well into my 20's to figure out, where he speaks of performing the way he did because he had everything to lose. I get that completely! That is exactly how I felt when my friends and I would face off with racist Nazi scum at punk shows. I did have everything to lose, the scars from being shot and stabbed prove my words, but it was knowing that we were working for something beyond ourselves and standing up against ignorance that always drove the cause... besides if some racist fools needed to be hospitalized then I was more than happy to oblige!!!

God bless Big V. and the whole state of elderly blue hairs and hillbilly tweakers, somehow in the middle of all that quagmire a sparkling gem was forged and we all just might be better for it!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Sumpin' good outta' gaterland

Post by vpc66 »

May his future be as bright as his heart and mind...but knowing how this world is, some asshole that has more money than he deserves and really did no hard work to earn it, will use him to make a buck or two more then throw him away like a used dirty rag.

P.s " Vinny's bayou hillbilly state " I thought you were going to say something about where my Parents are from. FLORIDA..bayou hillbilly...wrong state, those of us born here are rare among the damn yankees that swarm our state, yet tell us how great it is up north and how we do everything wrong. By the way, our blue hairs are dying off..if we could only get rid of the northerners now !
Attachments
1621821_10201567200170185_758577690_n.jpg
1621821_10201567200170185_758577690_n.jpg (177.03 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
this one.jpg
this one.jpg (76.55 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
also.jpg
also.jpg (91.84 KiB) Viewed 9046 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yeah yeah yeah... Dixie and all that crap! Weren't you originally from Louisiana? I'm just pointing out the fact that it's a miracle that such an impressive lad is from the south!!!

Ha-ha, southern suckers!!!

Oh, I call foul for pulling out the tourist brochure photos... cheap sh*t move! C'mon Big V., you gotta do better than that or I'm going to retreat to an old favorite (your favorite) and post a photo of some gigantic southern belle in a compromising position!

What now?

-D-

p.s. Bring back the Friday Photo?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

My Parents came from Louisiana, that was why I made the comment about your description of the folks, those of us born in Florida are called Crackers. By the way the pictures of the beach line was done where I work, my buddy used one of the work camera to take them...he does a pretty good job don't he, and the river shot was done at Ginnie Springs before my buddy and I did our cavedive a few months back.
I have said the same about Friday pictures and sometime back post a shot or two in hope it would bring it back....have to do something to get these new guys posting more than their own bike shots or questions....come on guys get stupid and have fun! Our taste and standards are on the low side and sheriff Mix has even started to join in from time to time...not to vulgar but enough for a laugh.
By the way Don, it does not surprise me that a proper young SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN could display wit and charm on top of being intelligent, could amaze those above the Dixie Line !

The South is going to do it again !!!!!
Attachments
1364133177_tumblr_m0xnleYoiz1rp7r44o1_500.jpg
1364133177_tumblr_m0xnleYoiz1rp7r44o1_500.jpg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 9042 times

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

" X " marks the spot... spots... all the right spots ! ! !

Bless you my cracker!

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Damned yankees. Utah has a pretty good mix. Had a swarm of folks from San Antone in my restaurant yesterday. Spotted them immediately.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:Had a swarm of folks from San Antone in my restaurant yesterday. Spotted them immediately.

How could you tell?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So...the girls from there look pretty...if you can get past the eyes. Problem easy solved by lights off or have them wear sunglasses !

Then again, the females may do that just so the guys look somewhat good to them !