Rat Rod Bikes - Bike Of The Day

As stated, anything goes.
neo_pop_71

Rat Rod Bikes - Bike Of The Day

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Granted this is a 'Cuda site but my bike loves stretch way out beyond these wonderful bikes, like our site being full of cool and helpful bike lovers, I want to point out another site that shares the same qualities as this site... Rat Rod Bikes. There's no silly sh*t nor fools takin' a pissin' contest and the bikes range from purely amazing to utter garbage. That's what I dig, something for every taste and plenty of fresh examples. They have a Facebook page if that's your thing, whether it's the RRB site or the FB page they have a daily post they call Bike Of The Day. I've been turned on to so many clever bike ideas from this posting, it's a daily fix for a bike junky!

Here is a link to the RRB site:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/

Here are a couple examples of Bike Of The Day postings that really spoke to me... enjoy!

Cheers!

-D-

neo_pop_71

Re: Rat Rod Bikes - Bike Of The Day

Post by neo_pop_71 »

While your getting your fill of amazing and less than amazing bikes on Rat Rod Bikes... please allow me to draw your attention to another tasty bit of bike goodness... check out RUFF Cycles out of Germany.

http://www.ruff-cycles.com/

The red and black cruiser that was BOTD on 12/19/14 is an example of what RUFF Cycles kicks out. What I find especially cool about what they're doing is they custom make the frames, wheels, seats, bars, forks, etc. and the killer deal is free worldwide shipping!

Here is my present favorite custom creation... speaks to the SoCal Moon Speed Shop of the 1960s, love it!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Really no need for me to say a word, you already know I find that look to be nice....and I hope to add my vision to the mix one day.

Check the link you sent out on work computer so some things were block, but looks good to me....LOVE the bike on the cover of their calendar, would like to see handlebars with drop to them, more drag like shall I say..but over all love the thing !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Oh man, I totally agree with you about the bike on the cover of the 2015 calendar, that is a true gem. The other bikes are amazing, I'd be more than proud to have built such an awesome rig! The bikes from the past few days have me inspired, so much so that one followed me home. Well, I can't say it followed me home as it has no drive train nor wheels, more along the lines that I carried it home. It's long, low, and matte black with a springer front fork and fenders... plenty of design possibilities! I doubt I'll get too crazy, I'm may just rob the new parts off the 1936 Colson (pictured behind) and build a hooptie for now. Not sure if this frame is one for welding and fabricating but I did come to own it in a spare parts trade, so I very little financially into the build.

I'll keep 'ya posted.

Peace,

-D-

p.s. Hey vpc66 & Nord, can you find your frames?

p.p.s. Big V. aka "Mr. Colson" to be proper, your Colson is hidden right out in the open. On the other hand, Nord's restored Miele frame is well hidden behind my daughter's track frame that just came back from the powdercoater.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That could be turn into a wicked ride, by the way, you sir are a very bad influence on the bike addiction....not that I have a problem with that.....ok maybe just a little ;)

You plan on showing pictures I hope ! Yeah when I got home I jump on that computer and went to the site so I could see more...WOW...some sweet rides there !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

My enthusiasm for building up a cruiser is paying off, I spent some free time yesterday making some progress. The supports for the sissy bar need to be relocated and the frame drilled but I like how the banana seat is tucked in. The lowest portion of the seat is exactly 24 inches off the ground. I'm digging it but I'm thinking I'm going to need some 165mm, possibly even 155mm BMX cranks to avoid scraping the ground plus turning might be tricky. I'm toying with the idea of getting an American to English bottom bracket adapter, that way I can run a standard square taper bottom bracket and have a lot more choices on cranks and chainrings. I bought a couple sets of cranks for my daughter's track bike (future build), pretty sure at least one is 165mm. Doing the conversion provides plenty of choices with 9/16ths instead 1/2 inch pedals.

Opinions? Comments? Feedback is always helpful and welcome at this stage of the build, even if you hate it, I'm not thin-skinned.

Thanks!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

How bout going old school or a new version of the old Bulls Eye...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BB-Set-For-3-pi ... 3399ee8266

Was looking at the pic and how low the front fender hang, have you thought about a taildragger ...rotate the rear fender over, better yet if you weld add a section ...just my thought with that low of a frame it might be cool as a dragger

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

That B.B. adapter on Ebay looks nice but it's twice as much as the Bulletproof brand adapter that Niagara sells for $15.88.

http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/ ... fgodHgoA7w

Plus, I get happy when I get an order together from Niagara, I refill my allen head bolts (always order extra pairs for water bottle cages), my grease/lubes, and whatever else I need that I buy in bulk.

I like where you're going with the extended rear fender, having always been into Indian motorcycles, I've often thought a custom tank and fenders would look amazing. The guys over at Sick N Twisted are about 15 minutes from my home and they make an Indian fender kit, they also make full side custom fiberglass fenders for the front and rear as well as tanks and partial fenders. As I've never built a stretched cruiser before I leaning towards the partial fenders with the tank. Maybe if I sell one of the bikes I'm thinking about cutting from the stable I'll take that money and buy a set of partial fenders and a tank but first I want to see if I even like riding this beast.

http://www.sickntwisteddesigns.net/fifeinstbecr.html

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

I just pulled that BB off ebay on a quick check more so for visual reference...anyways, yeah to me that frame suits fenders like that and funny that you brought up the side skirts, I thought of that but ws waiting to see how you felt about that idea. That is cool you know of a place that does that and fully understand the need to see how you feel about the ride of that frame. Have you rode any bikes before with a layout like that, must say I think it would be a odd feeling and wonder how long you could take one out.