Cuda A2T

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
devil

Cuda A2T

Post by devil »

Hi everyone from Germany!
Sorry for my poor english.
I found your website via Google as I was looking for more info about Cudas. In Germany one only can find little info as the group of Cuda enthusiasts is obviously very small. Or the market was.
I am the lucky owner of a Cuda A2T since a friend of mine left it in my garage not using it due to ill health. Its a brand new bike, only used once for a test ride!!! :D Your site aroused my enthusiasm for those bikes immediatly and now I am looking for more information:
Barracuda A2T # AX080005 (? hard to read)
16" frame (Ladies?)
Answer Manitou three easton e9 fork
Tange Ultimate superlight frame (green/white)
Shimano deore XT, SLR plus shifters
XT pedals, Onza bars
tree amigos decal
US made decal

Can you get me some info of the year build and an indication of the value of such bike in US please.
I attach some photos also in the members bike column.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate your work.
Regards
Gunther (devil)
Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I live near Frankfurt/Germany in the Taunus hills, great area to bike around. I am not a hardcore biker, but maybe from now on... ;) Looking forward to hearing from you all.
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG (123.13 KiB) Viewed 5300 times

IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG (96.75 KiB) Viewed 5300 times

IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG (93.74 KiB) Viewed 5293 times

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: Cuda A2T

Post by Mark »

H Gunther,

Nice bike you have! There is information on the 94 A2T on the "Bikes" page of the website. I believe this bike in its current condition would be worth between $150-$250, but it could go higher depending on the buyer.

Nice to have you here, I hope you keep it and ride!

Best,
Mark

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Dude.. What a nice Barracuda. That looks to be a 12" frame (30.48cm). Measure from the centerline of the crank - to the center of the top tube (at the seat post intersection). You can compare it to my 14" A2M in the Member section and see that your seat tube is shorter.

Looking at your picture: Just make sure the seat post is below the "Minimum Insert Line" if you are riding it. Otherwise could crack the frame, yo.. :ugeek:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Yes, that's a great tip. If the post isn't in the tube very much, you're placing a lot of torque on a small area, and you'll crack the seat tube near the top..