93 or 94

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
ddomini

93 or 94

Post by ddomini »

I have an A2B from 93 or 94. How do I tell the year?

I bought it from a small bike shop in Lincoln while I was in college (at suggestion of then boyfriend who was into biking)...maybe in the fall of 94. I think I paid around $500 for it at the time. I rode it to school almost daily for a year or two, but haven't ridden it much since. The tires even still have the nubs on them. :D

I have always felt like it was a good solid bike and proud when I tell others I have a 'Cuda, however it was always a little heavy for me. I'm 5'2, and I think it's a 12 inch frame. I've been thinking of trading it in towards a lighter bike...would I be better off trying to sell it on Craigslist or ebay?

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: 93 or 94

Post by Mark »

There's a picture of a 94 A2B on the "bikes" page (see link at the top of this page). If this doesn't resemble yours, then you might have a 93, but check out the 95 just to be safe.

If you indeed have a 93, please take a good pic and show us. I don't have one shown yet.

Best,
Mark

ddomini

Post by ddomini »

It's definitely not the 95. It does have the whole Barracuda name in red, like the 94. On the A2B label, the top of the B is in red on mine. I can't tell if it is in the 94 picture as well?

It is probably the 94. Did they even make on in 93?

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

That's just it; info on the 93 models is dodgy at this point, so I'm not sure if it was made then or not.

I think it's likely a 94.