Wish I lived in Durango.

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
sammac

Wish I lived in Durango.

Post by sammac »

Hi everyone! I currently live in Denver but from 91-98 I was fortunate enough to live in Durango. I was on the Fort Lewis College Bike team from 94-96 during which time I bought my A2X XX Team version. See photo in member bikes area.

Actually bought 3 frames. One when I was on the team, the one pictured. The other 2 I bought when Barracuda was sold to Ross. I won't tell you what I paid, you don't want to know. Both those frames are gone now. One I gave to a friend when his bike was destroyed by a car and the other I sold to the creator of this website, Mark. The latter hung on my wall for roughly 15 years, never having a part touch its frame. You're welcome Mark!

You'll notice my current cuda is a singlespeed, and I've got to say...it's way more fun now! I love the snappy quickness, light weight and silence (zero chainslap). It's geared as a 34x19, I also have a 22t for my high mountain trips, and my return visits to Durango. I get back once a year. Next year I'm putting on a top of the line fork.

Sam

neo_pop_71

Re: Wish I lived in Durango.

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Welcome Sammac-

Nice to hear about your history with these great bikes. Durango riding is about as good as it gets! I'm fortunate to have made a number of pilgrimages to those peaks... I wish I would have made more. Once pee-wee gets big enough to hang on the trails, I'm going back and taking the family, they need to see the beauty of Durango. Anyway, welcome aboard... what took you so long? (Just playin' ;) )

Peace,

-D-

Mark
Founder
Founder

Re: Wish I lived in Durango.

Post by Mark »

Welcome Sam!

That frame isn't yet part of a build, but will be. Have you seen the amazing repairs that some of our members have undertaken? Gave me some confidence in breathing new life into the former wall hanger.. ;)

Best,
Mark