A2fast enthusiasts...

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
ADL7h

A2fast enthusiasts...

Post by ADL7h »

Greetings! My name is Alan. I recently picked up a Barracuda A2fast and am in the process of restoring. I wonder if there are any enthusiasts out there that could enlighten me about my acquisition. It is in very good condition, but I realize after purusing the specifications that my front forks are not stock. It currently has a set of Marzzochi XC700 forks on it. The closest I could find to these models came as an option on a custom model. I would like to replace the fork seals on my forks, but am having trouble connecting with Marzzochi tech support to find if replacements are available (probably wishfull thinking). My thoughts are to go to Kaman
Bearing with an old seal and just match something up... unless there are some wize souls out there who might be able to help point me in the right direction.
Thanks guys and gals!! Alan :)

jbsteven

Re: A2fast enthusiasts...

Post by jbsteven »

keep an eye on the back side of the seat tube a little below the seat post collar. They were known to crack there (One of mine did).

Vegas Dos Equis

Post by Vegas Dos Equis »

Hi my name is Scott, I puchased my Dos Equis XX Team new in 1995 when I was living in Hawaii. I had no idea that these bikes were collectable until i stumbled across this site. I was actually looking to sell it but now I think I'll keep it.
I rode the bike often from 95-97 and its been sitting the last 14 years since I moved to Las Vegas. Its all original and in perfect condition, still has original tires.
I just dusted it off, heres a couple of pics.
Attachments
Dos Equis XX Team2.jpg
Dos Equis XX Team2.jpg (557.08 KiB) Viewed 7936 times
Dos Equis XX Team.jpg
Dos Equis XX Team.jpg (631.63 KiB) Viewed 7936 times

ADL7h

Post by ADL7h »

jbsteven wrote:keep an eye on the back side of the seat tube a little below the seat post collar. They were known to crack there (One of mine did).

Thank you for the heads up! :) I have been working on restoring this bike for a few months and am very happy with it. I have not yet had the opportunity to ride it. There were several parts on it that were missing and some that do not appear to be stock. The shock is a Noleen, and the crank set was some Sakai cheapie where the chain rings are riveted on as opposed to being screwed on... :cry: My plan is to upgrade to something consistent with what was original. I have a list of parts that were original and have been watching Ebay for stuff...
Again, thank you for the heads up on the seat stay tube! I hope you have a great Holiday season! C,ya...

ADL7h

Post by ADL7h »

Vegas Dos Equis wrote:Hi my name is Scott, I puchased my Dos Equis XX Team new in 1995 when I was living in Hawaii. I had no idea that these bikes were collectable until i stumbled across this site. I was actually looking to sell it but now I think I'll keep it.
I rode the bike often from 95-97 and its been sitting the last 14 years since I moved to Las Vegas. Its all original and in perfect condition, still has original tires.
I just dusted it off, heres a couple of pics.

Hi Scott! My name is Alan. My home is Boise Idaho, but I now am living in Twin Falls, Id.
I think your bicycle is a beautiful piece! You should no doubt hang on to it! I am into the vintage stuff! I am told by everyone that sees my A2Fast that it is in amazing condition. All the shock linkages are pristene and except that a few of the components having been pirated and swapped for cheaper stuff, the bicycle was a great score! Take care Scott! I jealous that you are probably enjoying weather that is more conducive to bike riding that I am! It is a nice 37 degrees here in Twin Falls today. :o I am not into the cold weather unless I am wearing my snowboard outfit! Take care!!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Nice Dos Equis. I have posts about crack prevention and repair on this site. :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis