Hi there, new member from the UK

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
development_cycle

Hi there, new member from the UK

Post by development_cycle »

Hello all, I assume from the little reading that I have done that most of you are US based.

I have very recently acquired a very small 1994 AM2S with rigid forks (yep) which I have given to my 12 year old son for his birthday.

I bought it as an almost complete bike and have added the missing parts myself in a period sensitive fashion. It's too small for me to ride really but looks and feels really nice. Looking forward to learning more and seeing some more bikes on here.

mixalive

Re: Hi there, new member from the UK

Post by mixalive »

Welcome to the forum.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Was this the one on Retrobike? Looked like a great deal- I was tempted for my son too but he's only 1 and that is too long to wait!

development_cycle

Post by development_cycle »

Thanks for the welcome, yes it was the one on retrobike, cost just under £130 to be fully rideable.

And as a top score I have just been given for free a set of Rock Shox Mag 21 forks in a kind of blue colour which I will put aside for him to use once his riding skills are improved. Ideally a set of Manitous would be nice but all the ones I've seen lately would b3 around £100 with new elastomers or a spring kit so I'll make do with the Mag's.

I may even paint them white and get some custom decals made in blue and pink down the line