1994 A2V rider

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
Tod360

1994 A2V rider

Post by Tod360 »

Hello. I own and ride an original. I just discovered this site, but have owned this bike since 94. Should I be riding this or am I messing up a collectible? And if I need a new bike, I need a suggestion on a "like bicycle," because I love riding this one.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: 1994 A2V rider

Post by vpc66 »

Heck, some of the guys on here have more than one....and ride them all. A well loved bike is rode ....Enjoy. And truth be told...they are fun bikes to ride and on the vintage side...but not worth being put in a glass case. You can buy them for a few hundred here and there...so do not worry about show casing the bike and RIDE!!!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Tod360,

Welcome to the site! Always good to hear from an original owner, do yo still have any of your original paperwork that came with your 'Cuda?

vpc66 is exactly right, these are great bikes that are worth a lot to all of us... however, a quick look through the MARKETPLACE section with yield a bunch of Barracudas under $200.00 and many under $100.00. If you love the ride of your A2V, keep riding it! You might as well keep your eyes peeled for another A2V (or similar model), just in case you need a replacement frame.

Enjoy the trails!

-D-

Tod360

Post by Tod360 »

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback. I love the bike, but don't like the clearance. Where we ride, I scrap pedals all day up and down the hills. Do any of you ride other Nike as well. I was considering picking p an avalanche 1.0 as a second bike. With an eighteen year cud a, I figured this was a good idea.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Greetings.. I agree with neo-pop.. Ride that baby. Or collect a few chromo beaters to thrash on. I take turns riding my different Barracudas.
Wow... Dragging the pedals? First I have heard of that.. Maybe install shorter crank arms.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

mixalive wrote:Wow... Dragging the pedals? First I have heard of that.. Maybe install shorter crank arms.

Sound advise amigo!!! I recall a few times as a junior, out at the BMX track, racing for the hole shot and diving into the first left-hander and grabbing that inside Bear Claw pedal... ***BONG***... instant high side when the rear wheel lets go and slammed into whoever happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time! A bell-ringer ever time!!! I love long crank arms but your bike sounds like it needs an adjustment in the cranks.