Little 'Cuda in Michigan

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
rmplum

Little 'Cuda in Michigan

Post by rmplum »

My daughter just got her first 20" bike, but this 12" A2MS frame came up for sale and I couldn't resist.

Looks like it's a step below the Tange Prestige frames, but still should build up nice and light for her in a year or two. Assume these are still pretty decent frames - and I like the fact that it has a 1-1/8" head tube.

Assume this was built around a 50mm or 60mm travel front suspension fork.

Bought it sight unseen, but more details to come when I get it in my hands.

Ryan

willywill

Re: Little 'Cuda in Michigan

Post by willywill »

Wow, that is a beautiful frame, looks brand new! Congratulations!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

First off Wecome....and WOW! That frame from the two pictures you show does look new....nice find,please do more pictures so we can get a closer look.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

rmplum

Post by rmplum »

It is in fantastic shape.

supposedly this is the worst blemish:

Like I said, I'm $85 into it so far. Hope that is not outrageous, but the condition is pretty fantastic and I didn't know how many 12" frames like this are out there.

I just got a set of 150mm AC MiniLE BMX cranks for $30 that I think I will convert to her current bike, and then move along to this one when she is ready.

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Ummm.. You did WELL. ;)

rmplum

Post by rmplum »

Mark wrote:Ummm.. You did WELL. ;)

Thanks. Now the challenge is to build it up, make it cool and not spend way too much $ doing so.

I just scored some cool 150mm AC MiniLE BMX cranks. Those should work for her a few more years and will work well with a bike this size I think.

Ryan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

You plan on making it a 1X ? for her, how old is she?

rmplum

Post by rmplum »

vpc66 wrote:You plan on making it a 1X ? for her, how old is she?

She turns 6 in early May, but she is really tall for her age. She just got a 20" bike, so I have a year or two until she is ready for this.

yeah, it will be a 1x8 or 1x7 initially. I got the cranks installed on her HotRock today. Way cool.

Here is the American to euro adapter:

Shimano cartridge BB installed:

BAM!

I used a 107mm spindle - just clears the kickstand housing

Chainline is a few mm off, but really it wasn't perfect with the 1-piece crank either.

Almost buttoned up and ready to roll - after I find some pedals for it. No more kiddy size pedals!

The more I work on this POS HotRock frame, the more anxious I am for her to grow into that 'Cuda.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is cool!!! My son started riding early so he has been on a 24" wheeled bike for a few years now ..A old Iron Horse I picked up which I set up with Shimano Xt 8 spd put my old Kore stem with my old Race Face lite flat bars and Thomson seat post. But just last month I won a Trek 3700 size 13 frame that I have been working on for his next ride...It is a entry level frame but I have been sticking up grade parts on . My Daughter just made the move to riding with the family so now all of us will be going out on runs...My old riding buddies laugh at me for not riding hard anymore but I do not care.....I have fun with MY kids doing one of the things that I have loved so dearly from the time I was their age...who really cares about being able to drop people on a ride when you can see your own kids smile and laugh in the same fun you are having. I hope you enjoy the rides with your daughter the same way...it is a Great feeling

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:My Daughter just made the move to riding with the family so now all of us will be going out on runs...My old riding buddies laugh at me for not riding hard anymore but I do not care.....I have fun with MY kids doing one of the things that I have loved so dearly from the time I was their age...who really cares about being able to drop people on a ride when you can see your own kids smile and laugh in the same fun you are having. I hope you enjoy the rides with your daughter the same way...it is a Great feeling

+1 Amen brother! :D

My six year old angel just moved up to a 20" wheel bike after dropping the training wheels on the 16" Barbie bike. My daughter is also tall for her age and has developed a love for bikes! Hey vpc66, maybe you're my doppelgänger, you in Florida and me in Cali, we seem to have identical stories... right one!!!