Little 'Cuda in Michigan

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Little 'Cuda in Michigan

Post by vpc66 »

I would be proud to be your twin in Florida...but I think it is more so the fact that the folks on this site are good people that for most part feel the same. It is my go to forum which I check on a number of times during the day to see what has been add. My son and I took the wife and daughter to a small nature trail we know of so they could get some riding time in with us...the little girl ran untill she was falling over and still wanted to keep going,but we knew she had enough. she started riding years behind from when my son did...but I think she will be pushing him very soon.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:she started riding years behind from when my son did...but I think she will be pushing him very soon.

Right on!

Yep, my little one (soon to be 7) plans to tear it all up one day! Her hero is Missy "The Missile" Giove... she loves her fearless riding and her punk style. She always wants to watch the old mountain bike videos from the '90's. Pee-wee has these two pictures on her wall, they inspire her to push herself each day. I'm stoked that she is so into it... damn proud of my sweet angel!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Now that is cool! Most kids her age would have HELLO KITTY stuff or Pokie Mon garbage ....so maybe ten years down the road we will be reading about her in a Mtb magizine...

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Now that is cool! Most kids her age would have HELLO KITTY stuff or Pokie Mon garbage ....so maybe ten years down the road we will be reading about her in a Mtb magizine...

Oh, make no mistake... there is plenty of pink... princess whatever... and more Hello Kitty than I can stomach... blessed and punished in the same breath! God has a sense of humor!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Sounds like my little girl...she will hug and kiss me...then punch me and run out to play with bugs. I joke about giving her pink boxing gloves and say I fear for the poor boy that likes her. But I shall stop now because I think we highjacked this post on a fine looking Cuda frame...but it does show how enjoyable it is to be able to ride with your own kids which is what the post was about...

willywill

Post by willywill »

Awesome thread, I don't have kids but it is super cool to watch you guys build bikes for yours.

After work or reading the news it is always nice to check this site for a reaffirmation in the goodness of people.

Missy Giove is too cool (and hot too) I remember her and that pirahna necklace from back in the day. I hope she is doing well after her stint in the slammer.

Looking forward to seeing the A2MS come along.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

HEY RmPlum how is your daughter doing on her new pink ride...you had wrote that May was her birthday month...you wait for the birthday or has she been riding it??

rmplum

Post by rmplum »

vpc66 wrote:HEY RmPlum how is your daughter doing on her new pink ride...you had wrote that May was her birthday month...you wait for the birthday or has she been riding it??

Great, everything turned out very nice...The powdercoat looks great and seems very durable.

Even got the 155mm AC cranks installed on it (using a BMW to English BB converter) and Shimano 107mm square taper cartridge BB.

I'll move those cranks over to the 'Cuda when she is ready for it. I do have possession of the frame now. It was a little (a lot?) heavier than I expected (4.6 lbs for a tiny little 12" dbl butted frame...?), but she thought it was cool, so now it's just a waiting game. The 20" bike fits her well, so I have time to get if finished.

Ryan

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

GREAT!!! Future Cuda rider in the making. Glad to see all work out well and having good time on new ride.

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

my daughter is riding as well. i used to tear up the tracks, but now it's pretty much tearing up the local bike paths with her. going to move her up to a hotrock this year, she FINALLY decided that she wanted to start riding earlier this year (she's 8, i know that it's late, but better late than never)!
as for Missy "the missile" Giove and her pet pirhana (Gonzo)...she had the water too hot in her tank and boiled her fish. I used to have the biggest crush on her. (hope she's doing well in prison) O_o
nice catch on that bike by the way. i'll get my daughter on one when she gets used to riding with pull brakes and speeds.