Just wanted to say hello- Need Help

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
fishface

Just wanted to say hello- Need Help

Post by fishface »

I am new to this...So I just wanted to check in...Bought an 1992 A2E about a year ago at a church garage sale. Never heard of Barracuda before but it was too good to pass up. The tires were flat and the bike was dusty, but everything worked. People were buying other crappy bikes for $25 and this was just about the only one left...and I felt bad for it.

The general gist is several children...too many bikes...not enough room.

I have:
A vintage 1995ish Jamis Diablo (no suspension) in Porche Red with lime green bar ends...that was stolen from my backyard on last Easter and eventually recovered (Porche Red and Lime Green Bar Ends...Need I say More...the guy rode right by me 2 days in a row nearly 3 months after stealing it...2 different days in 2 different towns...that bike and I were just meant to be together even though it is too big for me).
A Jamis Coda Sport (straight bar road bike) that was bought to replace the Diablo when it was stolen (but before it was recovered) so I could ride with the kids.
A Giant OCR1 road bike sold to me by the local bike shop mechanic where I have been going for 35 years...he took pity on me about 6 years ago and sold me his bike at a discount so he could get a new one.
And now the Barracuda A2E that is the bane of my existence...It is too small for me and I don't really ride off road but I love it. I have a daughter that needs a new bike because she has grown 10 inches in the last year and this would be perfect...she is currently on a Big Box Special from Columbia...which did not get stolen when the theives hit and stole the Diablo and her sisters pink Giant 20 inch...That should tell you something about what she is riding. She is not a strong rider and just wants something that fits now that she is nearly finished growing. My youngest daughter (10 y/o) is now on a newish 24 inch Giant with suspension and is an avid agressive rider - 5- 10 miles on bike paths with me - no problem.

Do I sell the A2E and the Diablo? Is there a market for them? Do I sell the Diablo and hold on to the A2E for my youngest?
If I do sell where is the best place to list them.
That is my dilema...any help would be great
Last edited by fishface on July 2nd, 2012, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Just wanted to say hello

Post by vpc66 »

Hi...Glad to have you as part of the Cuda family..Enjoy the ride!!!!
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

fishface

Re: Just wanted to say hello- Need Help

Post by fishface »

Thanks...I updated the original post as well

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

What size is the frame on the bike? Measure from the centerline of the crank to the center of the top tube. Also, post some pictures. You might get a bite from a buyer.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

fishface

Post by fishface »

I wasn't sure if that was acceptable...I'll post some pictures tomorrow or on the 4th...I think it looks to be a 14 inch frame and probably is a 1992-94 since it has the SR duoTour 9001 fork and rapid fire shifters.

fishface

Post by fishface »

Here is the bike I just posted on Craigs list - http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/bik/3128134454.html

Barracuda A2E full bicycle from 1993 - Serial # AE3110039. 12 inch frame, STX rear and front deraileurs, Duotour / SR 9001 Suspension Fork, Rapidfire Shifters, Bontrager Wheels.
$350 or best offer...Lower Westchester