Hello From Denver Colorado

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
A Pile of Tile

Hello From Denver Colorado

Post by A Pile of Tile »

Hello!

I just recently aquired my (wife's) first Barracuda. 1995 or 1996 A2E is what the previous owner thought. It was powdercoated orange. I paid $125 for it, XT Cranks, derailleur's V-Brakes and levers, LX Hubs, Sram X-Ray shifters, New Salsa Skewers, New Specialized bar & stem, Rock Shox Psylo, all new cables & just tuned. Also came with XTR clipless pedals & a Cateye Strada Wirless computer. Seems to me $125 was a steal :mrgreen:

Would love to get some original decals for it & to try and give it a little more luster. Anybody around here know how to get any?
A Pile of Tile
Artistic Tile Inlay

http://www.artisansofcolorado.com/marc/gallery
http://youtu.be/9SctEhBljqY

1995 or 1996 Barracuda A2E, 2001 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1998 Schwinn Mesa GSX, 1996 Bianchi Champione D'Itallia

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Hello From Denver Colorado

Post by vpc66 »

Nice to have you on board,another fellow Cuda head can't be bad. Check out the " Decals & Print Materials " part of this fine site and if you can not find the correct stuff there Neo, Mix or Mark will steer you down the correct path...Neo and Mix are the Mods here and KNOW their stuff very well and Mark is the Father of our Cuda world....again ENJOY,and glad to have you !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Welcome! We always look forward to pics! Why am I yelling?!?!

You might also submit to your SN to the Serial Number Data Base.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

A Pile of Tile wrote:Hello!

I just recently aquired my (wife's) first Barracuda. 1995 or 1996 A2E is what the previous owner thought. It was powdercoated orange. I paid $125 for it, XT Cranks, derailleur's V-Brakes and levers, LX Hubs, Sram X-Ray shifters, New Salsa Skewers, New Specialized bar & stem, Rock Shox Psylo, all new cables & just tuned. Also came with XTR clipless pedals & a Cateye Strada Wirless computer. Seems to me $125 was a steal :mrgreen:

Would love to get some original decals for it & to try and give it a little more luster. Anybody around here know how to get any?

Hello and welcome to the neighborhood!

I'd say you got a serious steal! Congrats on the fine score... hell, $250.00 would have been a good price for all you hauled in!

The thing to do after you have the decals ready, rough the surface of the powdercoat with 3M surface prep cloth, a good wipe down, apply the decals, and then some auto body clear sprayed on by a reputable body shop.

I did the exact process on my track bike and it looks amazing!

Good luck!

-D-

A Pile of Tile

Post by A Pile of Tile »

Derek wrote:Welcome! We always look forward to pics! Why am I yelling?!?!

You might also submit to your SN to the Serial Number Data Base.

I have looked all over this bike & CANNOT find any Serial Numbers anywhere? My Gary Fisher is just about the same way...could it be the powdercoat? Not sure. Anyway, here's a picture....I sold the XTR SPD's, put the computer on another bike & I just found the decal stencils that you all have so generously posted the images of & sent them to my decal guy...he said in a week he'll have em ready, Nothin' fancy, just white and black, should look good with the orange.

DSCN2887.JPG
DSCN2887.JPG (297.37 KiB) Viewed 12889 times
A Pile of Tile
Artistic Tile Inlay

http://www.artisansofcolorado.com/marc/gallery
http://youtu.be/9SctEhBljqY

1995 or 1996 Barracuda A2E, 2001 Gary Fisher Sugar 1, 1998 Schwinn Mesa GSX, 1996 Bianchi Champione D'Itallia

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Barracuda decals over that solid colour will definitely look interesting! :)