Hi there from Germany

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
RoggenRolf

Hi there from Germany

Post by RoggenRolf »

Hi Folks,

my name is Alex and I just started my Cuda Project. I am riding bike since ever. 1989 the mountain bike arrived in germany in my fathers bike shop. And from this time on I was adicted.
About two mnts ago I took part on a privat race called Dürrlbachtal Classics with my old clothes from the early 1990s but I had to borrow a bike. It was amazing the bikes I saw there: Yeti, Fat Chance, Breezer with sort ride, early specialized bikes... so on.
However I decided to get my own bike - but wich one. As a german I was a big fan of Jürgen Beneke which means a fan of Barracuda as well. An I remember the first Dos XX beer wich was so special because of the team sponsor. So I was shure it must be a barracuda.
At first I was sad because I couldnt find a fitting bike/frame - and I heard there are not that much real Barracudas out there. But then I found a frame. Unreal at the beginning - looked like a fake one because it was in no catalog. but then i got well informed on this site and the retro forum. But then I just bought the frame to see if it is really a team frame from 1993 or 1994. And it seems it is.

Long story short meaning - I just started my Project with a steel Cuda from 1993 and several parts which survived in my fathers shop for the last 20 years. :lol:

In the beginning I try to find new decals and then I try to polish the original colour... so if someone kindly could lead me to decal graphics - Hihgly aprecciated :D

Best regards

Alex

RoggenRolf

Re: Hi there from Germany

Post by RoggenRolf »

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Very nice.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum! Great story; I'm looking forward to seeing your build as it progresses.

What is the serial number on the frame? Is it under the bottom bracket or is it back along the rear dropouts?

Is the rear triangle black or a dark green or purple?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nice to have you, a true old school rider and tales of riding from a different area VERY COOL. Will be very interesting to see what history comes from this frame, lucky indeed you are ! CHEERS
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

RoggenRolf

Post by RoggenRolf »

Hery guys - thanks for the warm welcome!

@ Mark: the serialnumber is along the dropouts, and the colour is dark green. Hope you can tell me more about it with this Info.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Welcome Alex!

You've come to the right spot, if it's Barracuda related, we'll be happy to help!

You are certainly fortunate to have gotten your hands on a rare Cuda gem... I'd be stretching the truth to say that I wasn't a bit envious of your good fortune!

Welcome to the family!!!

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

A early team frame...Yea, just a bit jealous :mrgreen:

RoggenRolf

Post by RoggenRolf »

:D Yes - lucky me :oops:

but now I set myself under preasure not just build a few old parts on it even if I am quite good equiped.

It seems to be a hard work to find out how the team was equipped at that time or find some pictures...

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Check with Hergules, though I have not read a post from him in a bit you could try a pm and maybe catch him and do not forget our Big Daddy of the forum Mark, he has gone into the history of all that is Cuda a fair amount.

P.s ....check this post from him in the OFF-TOPIC section -Un-numbered 93 Barracuda