Hello from Connecticut via England

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
expatevo

Hello from Connecticut via England

Post by expatevo »

Not too sure if I belong here or not as i haven't seen any of these on the internet but I have a 1994 (have the original invoice and brochure somewhere) Barracuda Santiago that is all original including the tires, i just loved the clearcoat aluminium. Bought in England and then shipped to the States when I moved here. Was thinking of upgrading it and getting back on the bike a bit more often!

Hello to everyone and a photo is attached. *** Edit added a copy of the front page of the owners manual just to show the bike has been across the pond twice!!***
Attachments
barracuda manual.JPG
barracuda manual.JPG (122.43 KiB) Viewed 14911 times
BC.jpg
BC.jpg (102.64 KiB) Viewed 14951 times
Last edited by expatevo on October 27th, 2013, 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

mixalive

Re: Hello from Connecticut via England

Post by mixalive »

I never heard of a Santiago, but it looks like a real Barracuda to me. If it has an oval shaped top tube, it would, for sure be a Barracuda. Welcome to the forum.
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Welcome to the group, hope you enjoy! Will be interesting to see what info comes from your bike in the group. I have seen new Barracuda bikes for sale on line from England and just thought the name was bought after Ross closed their line down...but you say you bought it new in 95 , THIS WILL BE FUN when Mark get on line to write about because he knows a good amount of the History. Think I will kick back and watch this post and see what becomes.

Cheers.........Vinnie
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

expatevo

Post by expatevo »

mixalive wrote:I never heard of a Santiago, but it looks like a real Barracuda to me. If it has an oval shaped top tube, it would, for sure be a Barracuda. Welcome to the forum.

Yes, this is definitely an original, and does have the oval top tube, if I can find the original brochure I will scan and post it up. It's strange I haven't seen any photos of the Santiago anywhere on the internet, from what i recall the Sarasota was another model. The difference between the two was the frame, steel for the Sarasota and 7005 alloy for the Santiago.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Well there you go. I guess I will have to have one for the fleet.. :mrgreen:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Isn't there a Barracuda bike company in Britain that was separate from the Durango one? Still a very good looking rig though. And welcome to the family.

By the way, my mom was born in Hexam, near Newcastle on Tyne. :)

**edit**

Yeah, I thought there was. Not to say I know for sure WHICH one yours is.

http://www.barracudabikes.co.uk/

expatevo

Post by expatevo »

Derek wrote:Isn't there a Barracuda bike company in Britain that was separate from the Durango one? Still a very good looking rig though. And welcome to the family.

By the way, my mom was born in Hexam, near Newcastle on Tyne. :)

**edit**

Yeah, I thought there was. Not to say I know for sure WHICH one yours is.

http://www.barracudabikes.co.uk/

Hi Derek,

No my Santiago was definitely built in Durango, I still have the manual for it and somewhere I have the sales brochure with all the other models.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Yea Derek, that is what I wrote at the top. If you type in Barracuda mtb for sale they come up as bikes sold across the pond, but his frame looks like the Cuda bikes here and I believe he stated that he can not find history of the model which I gave it a shot myself and the model name came up tied to those yet no picture or info...must say it is kind of cool, he bought the thing new, has papers for it but it is one that tracking down history is a pain. I hope one of the guys that work for Barracuda will jump in and say something. I mean some products have a US and European market right...could that be the case...same bike but different to meet what they think the local buyers would like ???
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

vpc66 wrote:Yea Derek, that is what I wrote at the top. If you type in Barracuda mtb for sale they come up as bikes sold across the pond, but his frame looks like the Cuda bikes here and I believe he stated that he can not find history of the model which I gave it a shot myself and the model name came up tied to those yet no picture or info...must say it is kind of cool, he bought the thing new, has papers for it but it is one that tracking down history is a pain. I hope one of the guys that work for Barracuda will jump in and say something. I mean some products have a US and European market right...could that be the case...same bike but different to meet what they think the local buyers would like ???

SNAP! That is sexy. I just peed a little.

Right on, Rub it with a diaper during the week and beat the heck out of it on the weekends. :mrgreen:

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Derek wrote:SNAP! That is sexy. I just peed a little.

Right on, Rub it with a diaper during the week and beat the heck out of it on the weekends. :mrgreen:

F*ckin' Hell man... more weenie talk... gettin' creepy!!!