Hello fellow Cudas!

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
neo_pop_71

Re: Hello fellow Cudas!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Ron,

Dang, do they really fetch those prices? I had no idea, I picked this Sid up for 70 bucks, and I almost didn't because she wanted the same for a Chris King headset but I have two spares in the bin at this point. This Sid is my first Rock Shox fork since my first (their 1st or 2nd generation prototype) back in 1991, it closely resembled the Scott Unicrown fork. Which as it was I had become quite familiar with as I raced a Scott on my custom order GT "Purple Haze" Tequesta. That special order Tequesta was a real gem, Japanese made Tange CrMo frame that was shipped back to GT here in SoCal for custom painting. I hardly raced that frame because GT had come out with the Zaskar, a stiff aluminum racer that I'd instantly fallen in love with. The Tequesta went up on the wall as it was too pretty to get rid of, now, my daughter ask me to turn "the pretty purple bike" into her first 700c road bike. Getting back to your fork inquiry... I'd rather have your Judy for with the White Brothers internals. What is your Judy upgraded with, the Judd Springs or the Hardbody Cartridge? I'm very familiar with the White Brothers and the Marzocchi Bomber forks, both companies have a heavy off road suspension history prior to getting into mountain bikes, so they both had my trust. I know Vinny has had good luck with his Sid fork on his Cuda Comp. I wish I had a better answer for you... sorry.

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

Being that I am still a newb I am going to defer to the auction description:

For auction is this used and vintage Rock Shox Judy DH 3" travel shock - it's for 26" wheels frames, and has a thread less 1 1/8" steer tube, so will work for almost any early 1990's and later frames. This one also has the rare and sought-after White Brothers "Judd" spring upgrade - internal spring replacement. Has string and rebound adjustments.

I have to see how the White Brothers looks in the moron A2E cause the Red Judy looks real nice. Being that this build is for the girlfriend to ride in your opinion will there be a difference between the two?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

rbonif wrote:I have to see how the White Brothers looks in the moron A2E cause the Red Judy looks real nice. Being that this build is for the girlfriend to ride in your opinion will there be a difference between the two?

I suppose if I was trying to be objective, I'd still give the performance wink to the White Brothers fork, then the Judd Spring upgraded Judy fork, and finally a stock Judy fork. The item on Ebay to keep your eyes open for is the White Brothers Hardbody Cartridge. That's what's inside many of the White Brothers forks, sometimes one sided with a slave and others had dual cartridges... a nice golden nugget to upgrade your vintage suspension fork!