Hello fellow Cudas!

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Re: Hello fellow Cudas!

Post by vpc66 »

Yes you did, and glad they are nice ! Will be cool to see pictures of a build with one of those on it and will let you know if I run into anything tasty you might like.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:Yes you did, and glad they are nice ! Will be cool to see pictures of a build with one of those on it and will let you know if I run into anything tasty you might like.

Yeah brother, thanks again for the heads up! I appreciate you letting me know if you happen onto any other gems or possible parts of interest... should be pretty easy as I'm a bit of a bike slut!

neo_pop_71

SDG Ventura seat w/ stars

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Okay, I'm eating my words on this one... I did place an opening bid on the saddle as I'm going with a new direction on one of my rebuilds. If this saddle tickled your fancy, please PM me before the close so we can avoid a silly bidding war.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RareVentura-Com ... 1e87a27c6b

Thanks!

-D-

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

grats on the .99 win. Good thing you posted on hear as I had it on my watch list from your prior post.

What bike is it going on?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks rbonif, I appreciate the kind words! I hope you weren't after the saddle too, I wasn't calling "dibs" or anything like that, I just didn't want any Cudaheads battling it out over the same auction.

The saddle is joining the Kooka parts I purchased recently along with others on my 1996 Psycle Werks Wild Hare. Psycle Werks are locally made here in SoCal but have a big cult following going back to the "glory days" around 2000. The frame was designed by Sherwood Gibson from Ventana, his adjustable travel rear end is still used on Santa Cruz frames today. I'm not messing with the original metallic paint but I do have replacement decals for the frame as well as new decals for the dual disc (rare limited addition made for the '95-'96 race season) Marzocchi Bomber fork. Given the amount of parts being swapped, this should be a fun build!

Thanks for asking and the kind words!

Peace,

-D-

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

neo_pop_71 wrote:I caught a break as it was a local sale by a female racer who is thinning out her stash. She claims to have an older aluminum race bike with more Kooka parts and other tasty bits from that era that she'd give me first opportunity with the pick of the litter after she tears the bike down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

*GASP*
Okay, so I did hold my breath but it was worth it...
I picked up another black Kooka crank, a blue Rock Shox Sid Air Race fork, a Race Face bottom bracket, and some Sram 9.0 v-brakes. I'm thinking of running the Sid fork and v-brakes on my daughter's A2Z when she's logged more trail miles. For now, rigid has proven to be the best thing and it'll stay that way until I'm satisfied that she could benefit from the added suspension.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Very Nice score " D " ... and glad to hear Jr. is still riding .

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks Big V.,

I appreciate the kindness, my lil' angel just finished an undefeated season of basketball last weekend. Pee-wee killed it by averaging 33% of the scoring in each game but she also racked up an avarage of 5 assists and 5 boards per game in addition to the scoring! I couldn't be more proud of her!!! She wants to hit the trails for a few months until volleyball starts in May and swim team gets going in the summer. Good for me, I've got a devoted riding buddy for a couple months.

I gotta ask you, what can you tell me about your Rock Shox Sid fork? I recall back in the late 90's my buddy who owned his own bike shop and could have whatever he desired, he raced a red Sid fork on his Voodoo race bike. He was the first Voodoo dealer in SoCal and had made the entire back room into The Voodoo Lounge, a giant sculpted Voodoo logo framed out the arched entry into lounge area. I figure you must be pleased with the performance as it's lasted on your Cuda Comp.

Peace,

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is GREAT that your daughter will get out and do things, and do well at it.....my son has gone the way of the dork and addicted to computer games.
I did a post about my forks when I bought them off flea-bay. The picture of them for sale was taking while they were on a Cuda, so I made a comment on here to see if it was a member and sure enough it was kvojr selling the forks.
So far they have been good to me where as the Manitou cl mars I had on the bike had more flex and where hard to get my front tire on due to the fact that they were very narrow and I use a 2.1 on my front.
They are weight weenie type forks made for XC racing , which is another reason I need to get back into shape because I have parts on my bike that when bought had weight limits , not sure if that stuff is a gimmick !
They should work well and give a nice smooth ride for your daughter though I have notice I get fork stiction with the Sid over the Mars but to be fare the Sids are open while the Mars had boots over them so they stayed lube longer and did not pick up crud as easy.

By the way, SORRY Chitown for the hi-jack !!!

rbonif
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by rbonif »

very cool Neo...I have been keeping an eye out for a SID but it seems like the market value is around $125-$175 for a fully functional one. I would be curious of your thoughts if the SID vs. the White Brothers (which I have two of now).

Thanks
Ron