oh hai!

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

oh hai!

Post by manbeer »

Hey there, i signed up for this site like a week before it went down last year. Im a pretty hardcode barracuda fan, been riding them for 15 years now. It all started with my 94 a2ms, which i loved but eventually replaced with a yeti, then a trek fuel. After riding off and on over the years i decided that nothing i had eber came close to the feel of my cuda. About 18 months ago i started.aquiring parts to restore it. Of course it didnt stop there. As of this week i currently have a 92 easton, 93 a2x, 93 a2l, 94 a2ms, 94 comp, 95 comp, 96 a2e, 97 a2e, 97 XX team and a pair of a2fs that i picked.up as beater/ commuter frames. I will have many pics in the near future so stay tuned :)
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

neo_pop_71

Re: oh hai!

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey manbeer,

Let me be the first welcome... it's always nice to have an addicted 'Cuda fan! I look forward to those pics! I have a '93 A2L that I'm finishing up a rebuild/upgrade. It's cool to come across another A2L owner, there doesn't seem to be too many.

Best regards,

-DON-

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

You know, if you make my collection look bad, I'm banning you. ;P

manbeer
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by manbeer »

Thanks Don!

The A2L is actually the most recent addition to the stable. I bought it on ebay last week and it was in Connecticut with local pickup only. Since i alway had an interest in that frame (XX Team colors on a steel frame cant be beat!) and it fit me i emailed him, made a deal with the seller and actually am driving to the ferry (I live on long island) and going over by foot and he's meeting me with the bike this afternoon.

I'm pretty excited...contemplating keeping it stock but it may be too tempting to throw some of the red anodized goodies i have in the parts cabinet on there after looking at Marks bike and the A2FX. They seem to lend themselves to the white/gold paint scheme

Mark wrote:You know, if you make my collection look bad, I'm banning you. ;P

Haha i don't think thats going to happen, most of your stuff seems to be a lot cleaner than mine. A few of mine are pretty beat actually, especially the 95 Comp.

I am actually tossing around the idea of stripping it, repainting and making it into a 95 UNLTD replica. I already have some of the parts that were on the build in the catalog sitting around and the Comp i have has the dihedral top tube and for some reason was made of ProGram Varilite, Not the Elan like stated in the specs. So it should be pretty close in detail i would think
92 Easton * 93 A2X * 93 A2L * 94 A2MS * 94 Comp * 95 Comp * 96 A2E * 97 A2E * 97 XX Team * 97 A2F * 98 A2FS * 96 A2T and more

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

If you're correct about the tubing on that COMP, then yeah, you'd be really close to an Unlimited.

I rode a 95 COMP for a couple of years, loved it. I wish I hadn't sold that bike, but we all have stories like that, right?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Yep... I stupidly sold two 'Cudas for significant losses, all because I let my bike passion for steel hardtails turn into a obsession and I felt compelled to thin the herd. Big mistake! I'm sure you could start a thread all about bike regret and everyone could contribute something... mountain, road, BMX, CX, or whatever. That's why I now have only one 'Cuda now and I check in on this forum regularly, use you 'Cudaheads to help remind me how great these bikes are!

Big thanks for the direct/indirect therapy, the "shrink" (and my wife) says I'm making progress... Ha-ha... my wife awoke this morning to another steel hardtail in the family room. Last night's impulse buy, $25.00 for a 1988 Asahi, Japanese made with lugged Tange MTN Crmo tubing. It was just too good to pass up!

Cheers,

-DON-

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

"Bike Regrets" forum now accepting sob stories. :)