Jon Wege

News, gossip, information about the Barracuda Bicycle Company of Durango, Colorado.
Mark
Founder
Founder

Jon Wege

Post by Mark »

Here's a juicy tidbit: Jon Wege, co-founder of Barracuda allegedly posted to the forum when the last site was active. If this is really him, he may be watching with curiosity from time to time. Anyone have any questions, thoughts or comments to leave him? This is the spot..

jbsteven

Re: Jon Wege

Post by jbsteven »

Please start making bikes again, we need the hip and coolness of the 90's back in MTB today. I miss it.

sithlord3
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by sithlord3 »

Dont think this is gonna be hapnin...but Im sure hes got some killer shwag laying around from the good ole' days....

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

John- write a book! I don't know much but from what I have read I know the story of Barracuda is a very interesting story... I want to know more.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey Jon,

Thank you for going for it and producing some of the coolest steel bikes ever, those early steel frames rocked the scene! I'm with jbstevens from an earlier posting... I miss those early '90's, steel was at the peak and nothing was better than hanging some cnc and anodized parts on your custom ride!

I have a '93 A2L (Limited), only produced one year and the only other frame other than the Dos XX Team Frame to have the gold/white color scheme. Could you shed some light on why the A2L was done only one year? Any significance to the gold/white being the same as the Team Edition frame? What made it "Limited" and do you have any record of how many were made?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for creating something special!!!

Best to you,

-DON-

p.s. Thanks again Mark for creating a place where 'Cudaheads could bounce off one another!

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Jon,

You had great marketing early on. I had never even heard of Dos Equis until it was associated with Barracuda. Funny, seeing that I worked in bars thru the 90's. I am a band sound engineer. A fellow engineer had turned me on to this little store, Cenna's Cycles, in San Antonio that happened to have a bunch of Barracudas. I was hooked. The price was right then and I still have my A2M.

Thanks..

Terry Samford
Austin, TX
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis