Barracuda Trade name & Trade Marks for Sale

News, gossip, information about the Barracuda Bicycle Company of Durango, Colorado.
cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Barracuda Trade name & Trade Marks for Sale

Post by cometdata2 »

I stumbled across the following site which is auctioning off the trade marks for Barracuda and Ross, not sure if this is an old auction but it is the first time it has appeared when searching for barracuda bikes to buy in google

they have accepted an offer of $10,000 for barracuda but will accept higher offers, auction has been postponed due to the offers I presume.

What do you think, we can have a whip round and buy the name back :D,
then another whip round to set the business back up :D,

http://auctionservices.com/auctions/auction-detail/?id=167661

P.S. I have just put an extra ticket on the lottery, fingers crossed

neo_pop_71

Re: Barracuda Trade name & Trade Marks for Sale

Post by neo_pop_71 »

More power to 'ya brother but what you're asking is the "doghouse" equivalent to hell on Earth!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Are you talking about starting production of Barracuda bikes as they were? Now please do not take me wrong here...I LOVE MY CUDA...but that type of bike is DEAD,look how many(few) of us write into this site...clue. Now if you bought the name and hook up with one of the factories in China that makes the bulk of parts these days and had a contract set up for so many frames done in a full carbon disc brake long travel bike and just slap the Cuda sticker on it...you might make some money,that is what today riders want...Plus look how many small companies that made high end bikes have lost their A$$ and sold out to Pacific which has a different name now their self.
There is a old saying among Scuba Divers who have work their way up the food chain to pro level. How do you make a little money in the dive industry....start with a lot.
Neo has been around the bike business a bit of time and bet they have some what of the same line....Both bikes and Diving are base off peoples spare fun money and clicks come and go just like the funds you would drop into that venture. I hope to love my Cuda till the day I die then pass her on to my Son if he still cares for bikes like I do and that is good enough for me.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

The auction is also for the intellectual property of Barracuda Bicycles. If there were any plans, drawings, or anything else when Barracuda was purchased by Ross, those would now be for sale. Pretty cool stuff to a collector, really. But who knows what's actually there now. Might just be the right to use the name.

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Well, clearly, if someone is spending $10K for the name trademarks, they are planning to use it for some sort of product.
Attachments
tampons1.jpg
tampons1.jpg (79.64 KiB) Viewed 17280 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Not much can be said about that.....Not sure I want to see Neo's reply to that...

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Maybe it is the Barracuda Network bidding on the trademark. The do have a pretty lame image of a Barracuda.
Attachments
Tagliani+race+Fontana.jpg
Tagliani+race+Fontana.jpg (173.88 KiB) Viewed 17276 times
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

What is the Barracuda tied with Team Cervelo...is there any connection other than the name?
ooops sorry the team name is Garmin...my old riding buddy rides a P2 and that is all I hear about now his claims of no other bike...Though they did replace his frame due to a crack at top of seat tube then the frame that replaced that one had chips in paint in same area so another frame was sent to him and rebuilt free of charge again...

cometdata2
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by cometdata2 »

Well I dint win the lotto :cry:

It was more a dream than a reality but if I had won the Lotto bought the rights invested $6 million in the company & a new race team to get the name out there.

Though if I was to win the upcoming euro millions on Friday with a guaranteed £80 million\$128 million, the budget above could be increased a lot to make it a success.

I do hope the company that buys the rights is not the one Mixalive posted the pic of !!!