Lisa Muhich at Her Best

News, gossip, information about the Barracuda Bicycle Company of Durango, Colorado.
Hergules
Alumni
Alumni

Lisa Muhich at Her Best

Post by Hergules »

Here's a nice shot from a 1993 race... one of the joint NORBA/Grundig races I believe. I don't recall which venue this was (but the mud looks like Mt Snow VT). Check out the blood streaming down Lisa Muhich's leg.

Muhich.at Grundig event.png
Muhich.at Grundig event.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 15417 times
My Rides:
1993 A2X (14"), A2L (14")
1994 A2T (16"), A2X (16"), A2R (16")
1995 XX Team (14")

neo_pop_71

Re: Lisa Muhich at Her Best

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Man, what a classic photo from my favorite mountain bike time period... short travel forks, light weight frames and components, CNC bits, and (best of all) anodized parts!

Thanks again for sharing Joe!!!

Mark
Founder
Founder

Post by Mark »

Yep, this photo has it all!

Great post. ;)

ctk
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by ctk »

Pre digital too. I'm having misty eyed nostalgic thoughts about film photography. Its not just the camera its the post photo editing- everything is so perfect now!

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

ctk wrote:Pre digital too. I'm having misty eyed nostalgic thoughts about film photography. Its not just the camera its the post photo editing- everything is so perfect now!

Agreed! They increased the idiot factor and removed most of the skill... lame!

Yeah, I know... whatever, I enjoy using my ipod but nothing beats pulling vinyl out of paper sleeves with my daughter! Her favorite right now is the original pressing of the Sex Pistols record. Brings me back to 1978, that was my second record bought soon after the Ramones record... I'm blessed my daughter loves old punk... I couldn't smash my head against the concrete enough if I had to hear Justin Bieber (aka Justice Beaver, anyone know this?) in my home!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Nice to hear from you D and hope all is well ! You are so lucky, my wife has a far more open mind than I do and listen to ALL type of music. That has lead my kids into corruption of what they listen to,so yes my daughter listens to beaver and swoons over him and both her and my son listen to dance and rap crap THOUGH my son still likes some of my stuff like Queensryche,Rush and Aerosmith and a few other, BUT I do miss the days of driving with my kids, cranking early Black Sabbath and them bobbing their heads like good little Heavy Metal head bangers...not that they ever cared for my heavy stuff but it was fun to watch them cranking to the sound of Ozzy !
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks Vinny! Doing well these days, my calf still looks like someone took a 2x4 to it but I'm back to riding and enjoying life again! Cool thing... I've got a few photos of pee-wee on her first "big bike" aka 26" wheel trail ride on her A2Z to post. She loved it and I think I'll have many years to enjoy the trails as she is only 8 years old... another decade of trail memories ahead before college!

I know that I've posted this before but here are couple shots of one of Lisa's early team jersey's. I bought it a few years ago off Craigslist from Dennis in Durango, Dennis is the same guy who sold me my daughter's A2Z that was owned by the XX Team rider Eric Sakadinsky. So, based on that NORBA/Grundig photo... how early is my jersey... pre-Grip-Shift...1992?

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is great that you are back riding and having a good time BUT I am suprised the little one is still on the Cuda and not the new vintage ride you pick up for her...still working on that one I take? As far as the Jersey goes, Hergules did a post about the different colors and the era that they went with I believe. Maybe he will pop on board sometime soon and give the answer...in the mean time ENJOY your rides !

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

vpc66 wrote:That is great that you are back riding and having a good time BUT I am suprised the little one is still on the Cuda and not the new vintage ride you pick up for her...still working on that one I take?

Oh believe me, I tried ultra hard to get her to stretch and be good with the '88 Easton Reflex... I had every intention of starting her out on that bike. However, that frame has a 14" seat tube with the more traditional geometry and a much less sloping top tube, she could barely get a toe down versus being flat footed with the 12" Cuda. I'd be waiting another six months to a year, I couldn't see waiting, and besides the A2Z paint is already jacked up as compared the the mint condition anodizing on the ALX99. She was seriously bummed too, she really wanted it to happen but she is smart enough to set that aside in the interest of riding now instead of waiting.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So she learns on the Cuda and when she is tall enough for the other bike the Cuda can be made into a bad ass single speed for the rides when you take yours out for a spin...there should be a small window when both bikes could be rode.