my a2m - '95 or '96, i think

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
kevinkchew

my a2m - '95 or '96, i think

Post by kevinkchew »

hi,

i just want to start by saying i think it's great that this forum exists. it's great to see that the barracuda legacy continues to live through its loyal fans/bike owners/customers.

below is a pic of my a2m. i got it junior year of high school, so i think it's a '95 or '96 -- any help identifying the year would be appreciated -- it has a tree amigos sticker on the seat tube but also has a chain stay bridge. i recently got it restored as it had been hanging in my parents' garage for about 10 years due to unrideability (the front tire had been bent pretty far outta shape in an ungraceful crash into tree in golden gate park). my LBS (fresh air bicycles) did an incredible job saving my front wheel; a number of other shops told me i would need a new one altogether. i had a manitou 4 fork on it, but decided to install the original fork in my attempt to bring it back to its original form. i couldn't find the original handlebars, so installed some ritchey comp flat bars (had some risers on it that i chopped and installed on my track bike...i know, san francisco hipsters..). all other parts are pretty much stock except for the GT pedals. OH, and the brown sidewall conti tires that fresh air just happened to have collecting dust on its shelves was icing on the cake.

glad to be part of the community.

kevin

mixalive

Re: my a2m - '95 or '96, i think

Post by mixalive »

Kevin,
Welcome to the forum. You have a 94 model. Cromo frame, right? The 95 and up were aluminum frames. I have that same bike in a 14". My serial numbers are posted in case you want to compare. Very popular bike. Again, welcome to the forum. :ugeek:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

kevinkchew

Post by kevinkchew »

yup, tange double butted cromo. thanks, terry.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

Yeah, nice clean looking ride. My 98 A2M cracked or id still be riding it today. nice job bringing it back to life.