cuda 2.jpg (156.67 KiB) Viewed 12036 times
cuda 1.jpg
cuda 1.jpg (168.76 KiB) Viewed 12036 times
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

mixalive

Re: My Cuda Comp..

Post by mixalive »

Did your Comp come from the factory with the removable dropout?
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is one of the things that I have noticed from the other bikes here. I bought it from a shop owner that sold Cudas. Heck I had gone into his shop back in early 90's and fell in love with the bikes then...and years later I grabed this frame from him. It was his wifes frame, he had a frame that was a higher model but to big for me. As far as I know it is a true Cuda,but hope that the folks on here who know what they are talking about could give some facts on it. He had told me it was Easton Elite on the front with Elan (what ever) on rear....but Looking around that does not seem right..it looks like they were just made from the rear metal he talked about.

cudarider1
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by cudarider1 »

It's a great looking bike. I love the old style carbon fiber where you can see the weave unlike the new stuff that just looks like plastic. My A2M was a 98 aluminum and had the replaceable drop out.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Well if all works out I just bought forks to replace the ones on it which blew out. Bought off ebay Rock Shox Sid sl duel air...funny part is, in the picture on ebay the person wrote that sale was just for forks,not brakes,rim or frame...the frame in the picture is a Barracuda...so if you are on this forum,you will still see your forks.

kvojr

Post by kvojr »

vpc66 wrote:Well if all works out I just bought forks to replace the ones on it which blew out. Bought off ebay Rock Shox Sid sl duel air...funny part is, in the picture on ebay the person wrote that sale was just for forks,not brakes,rim or frame...the frame in the picture is a Barracuda...so if you are on this forum,you will still see your forks.

That was my fork!! I hope it works out will for you, post pics. I went back to a Manitou Magnum on mine, no where near as light or good as the SID, bu my main ride is a 29er anyway.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Had a feeling....not many Cudas around...glad to see you here

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Picture of the Cuda with her new legs....now I need to get my Son out on some good trails,and lose a spare tire.....and I do not mean one in the camelback
Attachments
will it work.jpg
will it work.jpg (23.27 KiB) Viewed 11969 times

kvojr

Post by kvojr »

Have you gotten any rides with the new fork yet? How are you liking it? It sure does look good!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

No major off road rides yet,just little stuff with my son. The initial feeling was strange to me over my old forks,but after a little time in saddle that went away....the old forks had a lot of brake squeal with the carbon arch and these I need to lay on the brakes HEAVY to make a noise. Easy to get tire in and out of these forks where as the old ones were so narrow I would have to air down the tire to do it. I like them....need to play with psi in legs to find my sweet spot I think and one day I might drop travel a bit...will no doubt split the travel of what the bike came with and where these are at right now.