'Cuda seat

Come on in and say hello. You'd be surprised at how many like-minded individuals are out there!
mtngirl11

'Cuda seat

Post by mtngirl11 »

Back in middle school my parents bought me a Barracuda A2M. I think it was a 1993 or 1994. White body, blue handlebars. It was an awesome bike, and I rode it for about 10 years, until it got stolen out of my storage unit in college. I still talk about how much I miss my barracuda, but I've gotten a nice bike since then which is starting to heal the wound :)

However, what I've never gotten over is how comfortable the seat on my Barracuda was. I still haven't found a seat anywhere as comfortable. Does anybody know who manufactured the branded 'Cuda saddle, or know have any suggestions on a similarly-branded seat? From my google searching it sounds like it may have been made by Selle San Marcos. Any ideas on seats that would be similar?

Thanks!

neo_pop_71

Re: 'Cuda seat

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I could be wrong but I thought the original Cuda seats had the same feel as the SDG "S" series saddles, like the S2000... my all time favorite! It may have also been a SDG COMP model too. The big bonus to the both seats was they had a full Kevlar cover and titanium seat rails, so it was super tough and really light weight.

Good luck!

-D-

mtngirl11

Post by mtngirl11 »

After some ebay and bikepedia research, I think it may have been a Vetta Flex comfort saddle- at least those seem to be the saddles starting in 1996.

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

mine is a velo. i can post a pic of it if you like.