One More Cuda Comp

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
mixalive

Re: One More Cuda Comp

Post by mixalive »

If you have to repaint, just repaint the back end. Tape off the decals and spray. That is how I did my XX Team. Check out: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=343
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

There is no doubt that your Comp is a 1995, all the decals are a match, and even the crappy Barracuda paint job is showing the proper wear for a bike that's been ridden. Follow this link to Manbeer's collection, Manbeer :roll: , the first couple of images are nice large pics of his '95 Comp. It's exactly like your, no question, end of story.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=137&hilit=manbeer+comp&start=0

Don't paint it, just build and enjoy it! Check the top and lower end of the head tube for hairline cranks and don't forget the check the seat clamp area too.

I'm not surprised you bought the frame in that state when it was a year old... everybody I know got a new frame every year or two and you simply yanked all your XT or XTR bits and left the rest on the old frame. The price you paid sounds like a good price for an American (possibly Yeti) made frame. It's made it this far, get it built, and enjoy it... soon it'll be 20 years old and higher end frames don't pop up much anymore.

Good luck!

-D-

mixalive

Post by mixalive »

Don't be Manbeer'ing us, Dude.. :roll:
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

:lol:

love that fool... :oops:

willywill

Post by willywill »

What's up with the manbeer joke, I must have missed something. :o

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Let the fireworks begin....
No I should not say that because this site has proved to me to display a bit of class....I have not been here real long but I have read between the lines and came up with...shall I say ...A lack of true communication that needs no more replys.
I would say let the Mods know what they know and those of us that came later enjoy the quality of this fine site.
BUT that is just how I feel about it.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I will only address one of my issues and it speaks to character...

Manbeer advertised a Cuda garage sale, I PM'ed him and worked out a deal for some parts, money was sent via Paypal, and he claimed to have mailed them. Some time went by and I never received my package. I questioned him, he apologized for the oversight and promised it was on the way. Again, no deliveries and I never heard from Chris "Manbeer" ever again. I sent multiple messages via this site and through Retrobike with no response.

So, "Manbeer" is synonymous with sneakiness, all things crooked, and/or lacking any character. That's just my experience but I'm not alone, hence why "Manbeerin'" has a universal joke to it now. No inside joke, just Cudaheads who were done wrong by a snake!

Anyone else want to contribute?

willywill

Post by willywill »

Hahahaha, ok I remember some of those threads a while back...

I sent an A2E frame to someone on this site a while back. A thread was started under the restoration forum but I haven't heard about how it turned out.

Getting manbeerd totally sucks, I had a "contractor" manbeer me out of $5K at the height of the financial crisis back in 2008, talking about bad timing for me...working as a builder, economy tanking, getting manbeerd to boot.

Fortunately I had my trusty steed and I spent many miles pedaling off my frustrations, many, many, many, miles.

Manbeerd, I really like the sound of that. Neo, can I use that slang in my neck of the woods? (Greensboro, NC) It has a distinctive SoCal punk flavor that is sorely lacking around here (no matter how loud I play NOFX).

Separate note, about SoCal, just watched Dogtown and Z-Boys, what a great documentary. Does anything of the similar vein exist for the mountain biking crowd?

skubi1
Regular visitor
Regular visitor

Post by skubi1 »

Haha...Greensboro. I used to live there in the 90s. Didn't really like it there...waaaay too humid for me.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

I'm giving big thumbs up to all things "Manbeer" but we must first ask the great and powerful Oz... I mean Mixalive... for you see it was Brother Terry, The Modfather", that started that tasty bit of goodness!

Brother Mix, care to enter in on this?

On a different note, who did you send that A2E to on this forum? That the kind of lousy Manbeer sh*t that gets the hairs up on the back of my neck!!! You spent 30 or 40 quid to ship a frame to someone and they left you hanging'? What the F*CK?!!! That doesn't fly with me, let's get to the bottom of this!

Signin' off,

dep'U'tee DON

p.s. C'mon Sheriff Mixalive... lemme put the bullet in my gun!

p.p.s. I love Fat Mike and the crazy cats in NOFX! So many cool people! Milo and The Descendents, Face to Face, P'wise... plenty of laughs and good times partyin' with those guys! Milo and The D.'s kicked down a onesey (sp?) when my daughter was born. Definitely as special time with a great group of people!