1995 A2Z - My daughter's 1st Barracuda

A forum to showcase your Barracudas.
neo_pop_71

1995 A2Z - My daughter's 1st Barracuda

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Well, I caved under pressure and I finally put some tires on my daughter's first Barracuda, this is pee-wee's first mountain bike, and she can't wait to hit the trails behind our home with mom and dad! Really solid build, some quality parts, should last for many seasons. Here are the build specs:

Frame / Size / Year:
Barracuda A2Z / 12 inch / 1995
Handlebars / Stem:
Tioga Mountaineer DL2000 / NOS 80mm Barracuda quill
Fork / Headset:
Barracuda CrMo rigid / NOS Odyssey Toro Pro needle bearing headset
Front Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
Shimano XT / WTB / WTB 2.1 tire
Rear Wheel / Hub / Rim / Tire:
Shimano XT / WTB / WTB 1.95 tire
Crankset / Bottom Bracket:
Shimano Deore / Shimano XT
Saddle / Seat Post:
SDG “Slim Jim” titanium / Tioga DL2001
Pedals / Chain:
Cannondale platforms / Sachs
Shifters / Derailleurs:
Shimano XT pods/ XT (rear & front)
Brakes / Brake Levers:
Dia Compe 987 calipers / Shimano XT levers
Gearing / Chainrings:
7 speed XT cassette (11-30) / 42-32-22 chainrings

The last shot is pee-wee on the bike for the first time, still too big for her, so I had to hold it up while my wife took the picture. Thank goodness, she is only 7 but she is ready to tear it up, even if I'm not ready... pretty proud moment for me!!!

mixalive

Re: 1995 A2Z - My daughter's 1st Barracuda

Post by mixalive »

Nice.. Better put some clips on those pedals, yo..
93 A2R blue/white 14" Craigslist Austin, on the cheap
94 A2M silver/white 14" Cenna's Cycles SA, original owner
94 Cuda Comp purple/white 14" won on Ebay
95 XX Team gold/white 14" Craigslist Memphis

Derek
Never leaves
Never leaves

Post by Derek »

Man you done messed up. You have ruined her for life. She will never get married, never give you grandkids, never get a job, all she is gonna do is ride. You will die a lonely old man wondering why you got her addicted. Ha.

And thank the powers that be she looks like her momma.

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

pee30wee@yahoo.com wrote:Man you done messed up. You have ruined her for life. She will never get married, never give you grandkids, never get a job, all she is gonna do is ride. You will die a lonely old man wondering why you got her addicted. Ha.

And thank the powers that be she looks like her momma.

Naw... she already said she can't wait to pull her kids around in a Burly trailer, too many great memories in a Burley from her pre-riding days! From 18 months old, she was strapped in trailer, and loving the wind in her face... she has been hooked for years. This Barracuda is her 6th bike, she started on a 10" wheel, then moved on to a 12", a 16", a 20" banana seat Schwinn, a 20" Parkpre Team BMX race bike, and finally the 26" Cuda (can't forget the 700c Specialized Globe track bike that I'm building right now = #7). I fell in love with bikes when I was 3 years old... my parents and my older sister rode around Lake Tahoe one summer for our family vacation. I was in the kid's seat on the back of my dad's light blue Schwinn Le Tour; they went out and bought 3 matching brand new Le Tour bikes for the trip. The speed, the wind, and the freedom were awesome, such a different experience as opposed to being in a car! There was never a question as to whether or not my daughter would ride, the uncertainty was how much she was going to love it!

Ha-Ha, funny man! The thing is, I know full well that you are correct, and I am very thankful that she got her mom's looks! She got her height and artistic nature from both of us but she got my build and her mom's beauty. Any boys get bold with her, she'll knock 'em out... we work out every single day on the heavy bag, we box, and we do mixed martial arts together. Kickin' A$$ with a beautiful smile!!!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

Very much HAPPY for you....enjoy the good times and sights on two wheels as a whole family...time well spent.
Relax and have deep water thoughts.

F.C.C.R Ride hard,Ride Fast.....Go Insane

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Thanks gang! I am looking forward to hitting the trails, luckily I still have some time to spare and prepare for trail riding. My wife wants to start her out on some fire road, loose rock and some sand but nothing crazy. Peewee likes watching the bike shows, especially those guys that ride around in an old bus (Cuda style) and bomb hardcore trails all over North America. She is thinking that's what it's all about, I say this because she hit me up yesterday about where her White Brothers fork was and why it wasn't on her bike. That's when I was really glad I built up the rigid 96'er, I pointed out that my bike was rigid and without suspension. "Oh, that's how we start, right?" Yep, cutie bug, that's how we start... right on, she bought it! That should give me the better part of a year, maybe two, before she has a "matching Barracuda like mom's" (my A2L) and really gets after it. I'm planning to document as much as I can, so she has something to look back on. Mine are all memories, my parents never took pictures of anything I did... boring old school pics and my sports team pics... no action shots. Nothing cool to look back on, I'm not going to that same mistake!

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So she is a future crazy free ride/down hiller or atleast thinks that is the only Mtb riding there is right now....YOUR going to have some fun on your hands.
And feel same way about photos...My parents nor myself took many pictures of things I did in the past...in recent years I have been working on changing that.

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

So how is the riding going with your Daughter plus what became of her road single speed..was that project put on the back burner?

neo_pop_71

Post by neo_pop_71 »

Hey brother V,

Thanks for asking! We've been doing some riding around the neighborhood on her 20" wheel retro bike ('60's Schwinn Pixie w/ the glitter banana seat and sissy bar), but no trail riding as of yet. We actually have been doing a lot of trail running. The same 12 mile mountain loop, we do an abbreviated 6 miler for conditioning. She is in a basketball league, she is 7 and this is her 4th season, and she is fairly dominant. Some of the national champ high school girls and their coach came out for a look and a clinic and pee-wee kicked ass. Yeah man, they watch and groom at that early age... crazy! So, she plays in a league every Saturday with Wednesday night practices (and our daily practices in the driveway on the court that I built). She loves it, b-ball and soccer are her things. She also digs the trail running with her fat ol' man! We'll get on the trail soon enough, I've been busy with numerous builds, none of them 'Cuda... sorry Cudaheads!

Peace,

-D-

vpc66
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by vpc66 »

That is cool...time well spent with family is never bad.